XC-2420FIW ... US cam bricks after official FW update (urgent)

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Last ditch effort to resolve this today. Leaving for extended time tomorrow.

Two 2420 FIW IR Cubes, from Nellies, had 5.3.0 software. Work working fine.
As the cards had filled up, and had 75/25 provisioning for video/pics, but never was used for pics, figured I'd format.
> Cam 2 formats fine.
> Cam 1 formats to 26% ... errors. Disk remains uninitialized.
> Ordered two new cards from Amazon.
> Cam 2 accepts the card.
> Cam 1 errors at 26% with device error.

Since the property will not be attended, I figured I'd get email alerts up and running. After lots of trouble, googling, looking here and there, and a roundabout with two factor authentication and app password, via Nellies I get the news I need a firmware update, since email protocol changed with gemail, which firmware they provide to me.

Got it.
> Cam 2 takes it fine.
> Cam 1 takes if fine ... but the text is missing in the UI???

Nellies tech support says it looks bricked, gives me the instructions for TFTP updating.

After half a dozen tries, I turn of windows firewall and a couple more tries, it updates.

Now the issue is it seems to be stuck in some boot loop???

Blue LED on, PIR ON, ... other icons come and go. Seems to start over.

Nellies has no returned my call yet, and I'm hitting the road tomorrow.

Tried to look with SADPtool and winpcap ... seems like it is not working ... fresh SDAPtool from Hikv. Updated winpcap. Still no dice.

Am I down the rabbit hole and out of luck???

Reaction score
Paging @alastairstevenson . . . He may be able to assist, depending on his schedule this weekend.

I have two DS-2CD2420F-IW cubes, purchased from an Ali Express vendor a few weeks ago. They both arrived with firmware v5.4.5 build 170123 loaded.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to anyone for reading and your reply, vorlonfrog.

As it is late and I'm hitting the road early in the AM, looks like I'm out of luck to use one of the pair for monitoring. Nelly pointed at a warranty exchange, so I'm taking it with me, will do the RMA ... and will reinstall a few months from now.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, but turns out my cam wasn't getting enough power because my cable was too long (100 ft) for the 1 amp power adapter to push through...so it was rebooting everytime i had the sirens on. Have you try to take out the SD card then power it up? I know if the SD card is not formatted, it might go beep beep beep, which will lead to it rebooting because of not enough power. if your power is not far away from the camera that might not be it..