xprotect 2017 client memory leak?

militarymedic23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Want to ask if anyone has come across an issue with the latest xprotect 2017 R1 smart client and memory issues.
I'm trying to transition an older machine out, I believe it's an HP 8200 and I'm trying to build up a new Dell 7040m unit.
The HP unit has 6 cams up in the current view, full quality and framerate, sitting at a nice 500MB.
The new 7040 has the exact same window up, exact same everything from the client settings to the camera view and at this moment it's at 5GB ram.
Processor level remains at 28% on the HP and about 56% on the Dell.
I did try and bump down the image quality to Super instead of high, and the memory dropped like a rock. Processor percent also dropped by half.

The overall thought on this migration was the significantly newer machine would theoretically perform better. I am aware of the processor on the Dell is limited in comparison to a SFF workstation due to the power and heat variables in such a small case, but would that cause such a difference?

Can anyone offer some words of wisdom on this?

Thank you

militarymedic23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was close to reaching the same conclusion.
The intel updated warns me of a vendor specific driver for video, so I'll prob have to chat with dell and see what exactly they can advise on this.
Their driver is from Nov '16 but I'm guessing since this machine is so new that they will package another dell video driver soon with the latest intel updates.