Yellow triangle comes and goes in one camera titlebar....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The substreams in BI will make a huge difference on CPU usage.

Auto update will not find the latest as Andy gets us firmware more recent than Dahua puts out.

Turn off HA and see what happens. With the substream option, HA isn't as critical of a CPU offload.

You should follow EVERY optimization in the wiki to have BI operate at its best:

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've done all the optimizations except for substreams. I only have 6 cameras and it will go back to 5 because I am replacing one of the Amcrest Bullets with the Dahua Turret cameras and so far prefer to use the hardware acceleration over the substreams.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BI has been fine for a long time, just this one camera I happened to notice today had the yellow triangle pop-up. Not sure how long it's been doing it, but I never changed the FPS on that one when I installed it, I left it at 30fps. Now that it is 15fps it seems to not cause the warning to pop-up now.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely on auto update and would block the camera from accessing the internet in the first place, but that's not really important for this problem. Your firmware is kind of old, but that's an early version of the 5442. There's a whole thread on the firmware for the 5442, but to be safe I'd check with Andy to make sure the latest and greatest will work with your particular camera.

Video encoding should match in both the main and sub streams as @wittaj said. If you're not using sub streams you could actually shut it off. On the other hand using sub streams will greatly reduce your CPU utilization, as in by a factor of three or four, reducing it to, probably somewhere between 10 and 15%. Be aware that if you do that, any motion detection zones will need to be reconfigured.