Yet another Newbie looking for help....setting up a Hikvision NVR & Lilin IP camera

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello All.

I'm new to this forum (and to the world of NVRs & IP cameras in general) and looking for some advice.

I'm looking to add a simple home surveillance system, with no requirement for Internet connectivity, to my property.

I bought a Hikvision DS 7608 NVR & a Lilin iMegapro IP camera, and naively thought all I had to do was plug them in and record away.

Three frustrating days later and I still haven't even managed to get the NVR to recognise the IP camera, never mind get it to do anything flash, like record!

I've tried everything I can think of, but just cannot get the two to talk to each other.

For some reason the IP camera screen shows 8 IP cameras with sequential IP addresses, but the system won't allow me to add further cameras or delete the pre-existing ones in order to make room.

Editing the preset camera details doesn't seem to get me anywhere either.

I know the IP camera works, as I've tested it by connecting it directly to my laptop.

I am now completely at a loss for what to do next.

Is there anyone out there who has the time to lead a complete duffer by the nose through the setup procedure?

......I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Rob

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Yet another Newbie looking for help....setting up a Hikvision NVR & Lilin IP came

Unless the NVR can work with an ONVIF profile you are going to have to decide on returning the camera or the NVR.
Thanks Colmcille,

It appears that it does work with an ONVIF profile, as it seems to be working as advertised now.

Cheers,

Rob

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Yet another Newbie looking for help....setting up a Hikvision NVR & Lilin IP came

@Robster you will have to change the port configuration to accept the Liliin IP camera, set up the channel using the onvif protocol and the correct port for onvif on the lilin camera and it should work, but you are correct it is not plug and play.

Last edited by a moderator: