Yi Home Camera and Smart PSS

Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge about the Yi Home camera. I am trying to register it on Smart PSS software. I have other IP cameras working with Smart PSS but having trouble getting Yi Home cameras to work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart PSS is a Dahua product, so only Dahua OEM cameras (Lorex, Amcrest, etc.) will work for it, although if the camera is ONVIF compliant going thru an NVR it may work as well.

The Yi Smart Home camera is probably a proprietary firmware and you need to use their stuff. Usually when it has Smart in the name, they are internet dependent and manufacturer dependent on their firmware/software.

Reaction score
Smart PSS is a Dahua product, so only Dahua OEM cameras (Lorex, Amcrest, etc.) will work for it, although if the camera is ONVIF compliant going thru an NVR it may work as well.

The Yi Smart Home camera is probably a proprietary firmware and you need to use their stuff. Usually when it has Smart in the name, they are internet dependent and manufacturer dependent on their firmware/software.
Thanks for your reply. This is what I kind of thought but felt it was worth a query on the forum. Are you aware of a list of Dahua OEM and/or compatible cameras that work with Smart PSS?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 3 Yi camera's (a very old 720p version and 2 newer 1080P versions). Out of the box they don't support RTSP/Onvif and I wasn't quite fond of the stock firmware/app.
But there are several custom firmware's you can flash on them.

To list a few:

Which one you need depends on the model you have, so you have to be carefull about that.
Custom firmware enables (among other things) RTSP and ONVIF.

I've imported all 3 of them on my Dahua NVR and I can view them like regular Dahua camera's. (HDMI, DMSS on Android or SmartPSS on PC).
I don't use them 24/7, way to unreliable for that. I just use them when I need a camera for a short time. (baby monitor or something like that)

Reaction score
I have 3 Yi camera's (a very old 720p version and 2 newer 1080P versions). Out of the box they don't support RTSP/Onvif and I wasn't quite fond of the stock firmware/app.

To list a few:

Which one you need depends on the model you have, so you have to be carefull about that.

I've imported all 3 of them on my Dahua NVR and I can view them like regular Dahua camera's. (HDMI, DMSS on Android or SmartPSS on PC).
I don't use them 24/7, way to unreliable for that. I just use them when I need a camera for a short time. (baby monitor or something like that)
This is great information to have, thanks for sharing. Does Smart PSS software support both ONVIF and RTSP?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe you will have to run them thru a Dahua NVR to be able to view them that way.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe you will have to run them thru a Dahua NVR to be able to view them that way.
This. I imported the Yi camera's in the NVR and SmartPSS connects to the NVR and can see the camera's that way.

For live view I use tinyCam Pro though; much simpler interface and faster to use.
Imported camera's via RTSP with that app.

Reaction score

To list a few:

I plan to flash firmware to Yi Home 1080p camera. Once successfully flashed would I have the ability to assign user name and password via the new interface?

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I plan to flash firmware to Yi Home 1080p camera. Once successfully flashed would I have the ability to assign user name and password via the new interface?
In my case (using Alwinner V2 firmware) I can assign a user name and password for RTSP, ONVIF and HTTP (same username/password for all 3)

Reaction score
In my case (using Alwinner V2 firmware) I can assign a user name and password for RTSP, ONVIF and HTTP (same username/password for all 3)
Did you go with Alwinner v2 because that matched your particular Yi Home model and firmware? According to the supported camera list I need Alwinner (camera 9FUS with firmware 8.2.0). Hopefully I am understanding this correctly.