Yo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought an Amcrest IP2M 841 last week off Amazon because my Foscam R2 I bought off Amazon died after 3 days. I've had 2 Dlink 934s for about a year, one died and returned under warranty. You get what you pay for. I only use these for live viewing and email motions alarms. I port forward them through my router and use the OWLR Android app. I have worked with embedded network devices , so I have some experience with these things. I want to learn more about security though, being these things aren't very secure.
The Foscam R2 worked OK and its configuration was straightforward. It had a wider viewing angle than the Amcrest. The Amcrest's configuration is too complicated and some of its features are buggy.

John

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, stay away from foscam and amcrast, they are junkie cameras. Look into Dahua and Hikvision, there are tons of posts on the forum about them.

Reaction score
Welcome, stay away from foscam and amcrast, they are junkie cameras. Look into Dahua and Hikvision, there are tons of posts on the forum about them.
Thanks Mike, yea, when they break I'll invest in a better camera. I'm using them to monitor my dog, but I want something more secure

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, yea, when they break I'll invest in a better camera. I'm using them to monitor my dog, but I want something more secure
Good idea. I would be lying if I said I didn't still have a foscam or two in my house, but I have them in b/s locations that don't really matter. Regardless, welcome to the forum.