Your thought on the new feature: Daily Smart Report

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback and support so far.

===== New Daily Smart Report =====

WHAT IS IT?
You will receive 1 email per day per Sentry ID (Sentry_ID) containing a summary image for each Sentry-enabled camera. (See how to enable it here) The summary image tries to provide a synopsis of all the activity from each camera for the past 24 hours. If there are more than 4 Sentry Alerts on a particular day, You will also receive a time-lapse video review of the events as well.

WHO RECEIVES THE SUMMARY?
We provide the Daily Smart Report to paid customers and registered trial users. If you haven’t registered, please click here.

WHY IS IT HELPFUL?
The purpose of the smart summary is to save some time in your day by providing a daily overview of your cameras with one simple glance!

WHAT’S NEXT?
We heard from you! Vehicle and pet detection is our focus after Blue Iris 5.0.
(Spoiler alert! Vehicle detection will be ready for beta testing sometime next week)

Want to join the beta program? Email us at support@smarthomesentry.com with the following: 1) Name 2) Sentry_ID and 3) "I authorize Sentry to use my camera data.” We take privacy seriously. Consent allows engineering to look at the pictures while they are developing new features. Sentry in no way releases pictures to any third parties.

Like the daily report? Feedback welcome. Any other ideas/suggestions also appreciated.

keneil01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received a report yesterday at 04:23 local time. Not received a report today.

Nice feature, but in the future, there should be possible to adjust the settings if you want to receive it or not.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I just signed up for trial .. So how much is it going to be I see they have some sort of special like 10+ camera 89.99 ? right ?

Also I think they should implement License plate Recognition and tagging .. I think lot of people then will sign up if it is like $90 specially for 10 camera..

Now do NOT quote me I could be wrong that this prmotion is only for one camera because it is not clear on the site.. I know it includes blueiris license too for a year.. I think.. But I already have blueiris..

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the daily reports. Sometimes the images will include a blue box around one of my brick pillars, not sure why that is. The videos are a bit of work, having to download them first, but appreciated.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the daily reports. Sometimes the images will include a blue box around one of my brick pillars, not sure why that is. The videos are a bit of work, having to download them first, but appreciated.

I am very new to Sentry I do see those special flags or sentry flags on the video. However I am not sure where are the daily reports and stuff.. Now I like the fact though that humans and pets can be easily found within those alerts. However I hope on BI 5

Sentry alerts has there on filter..

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really appreciate and like the daily summary alerts. I am already a part of the daily summary alert beta program. Do I need t do anything additional in order to become a part of the beta program for vehicle detection?

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for all the feedbacks.
A sample summary for your reference.

==Sample daily smart report for May 19, 2019 == Outdoor camera===
83 images have been processed.
9 Sentry alert(s).
Suppressing 89.16% false alerts.

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
I received a report yesterday at 04:23 local time. Not received a report today.

Nice feature, but in the future, there should be possible to adjust the settings if you want to receive it or not.
Thanks, on our roadmap for further integration with Blue Iris after 5.0.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I just signed up for trial .. So how much is it going to be I see they have some sort of special like 10+ camera 89.99 ? right ?

Also I think they should implement License plate Recognition and tagging .. I think lot of people then will sign up if it is like $90 specially for 10 camera..

Now do NOT quote me I could be wrong that this prmotion is only for one camera because it is not clear on the site.. I know it includes blueiris license too for a year.. I think.. But I already have blueiris..
Vehicle and Pet detection is next. We have license plate recognition (LPR) but still considering when to release. If you already have BI, then the bundle package would not be useful. You should choose the monthly or yearly Sentry subscription.

-- Sam from Sentry

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious how the Sentry LPR will work vis a vis storage. With OpenLPR, I can store the images separate from Blue Iris' storage, and acquire a listing of plates, make, model, date, time, etc.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Vehicle and Pet detection is next. We have license plate recognition (LPR) but still considering when to release. If you already have BI, then the bundle package would not be useful. You should choose the monthly or yearly Sentry subscription.

-- Sam from Sentry

THank you ! How much is the subscription for yearly for say 10+ camera ? Any specials right now ?

I am also not receiving any daily reports.. Is that on email ? I did register On the page.. Not sure if it works with trial of sentry or not..

Last edited:

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
THank you ! How much is the subscription for yearly for say 10+ camera ? Any specials right now ?
I am also not receiving any daily reports.. Is that on email ? I did register On the page.. Not sure if it works with trial of sentry or not..
$49.99 a year for 10+ camera. Our pricing plan
You should receive daily reports in the email you registered with us if Sentry Alerts were sent on the day. Can you email support@smarthomesentry.com, we will check.

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
I really appreciate and like the daily summary alerts. I am already a part of the daily summary alert beta program. Do I need t do anything additional in order to become a part of the beta program for vehicle detection?
We will reach out to current beta users once the vehicle detection rolls out.

SentryAI

n3wb
Reaction score
I am very new to Sentry I do see those special flags or sentry flags on the video. However I am not sure where are the daily reports and stuff.. Now I like the fact though that humans and pets can be easily found within those alerts. However I hope on BI 5

Sentry alerts has there on filter..
Daily reports are sent to your email daily. Register here.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
$49.99 a year for 10+ camera. Our pricing plan
You should receive daily reports in the email you registered with us if Sentry Alerts were sent on the day. Can you email support@smarthomesentry.com, we will check.
I did sent you an email asking for invoice.. to be sent as well so I can pay the 49.99 .. I want to sign up for it. Also I did email you my ID for sentry so you can look at my registration. Thank you !

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I was able to subscribe with that 49.99 plan

Your subscription for Sentry Smart Alert - Sentry Smart Alert for Blue Iris-Standard Annual Plan is successful. An amount of $49.99 will be charged

Only thing is Now if you can please check why I am not getting the daily reports. Thank you !

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I got my first Sentry mode report it looks amazing ! I think it be nice if we can have a control panel where we can also help make AI learn which were fake alerts out of those so it can get better and better overtime..

Also I know video link expires seems like in 24 hours. it be nice If it was a bit more than that.. like maybe a week..

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These Daily Alerts should not be emailed!

They should go to Blueiris and Stored in a folder for a set period of time that we get to choose.

We should then be able to view the Daily Image or Video in Blueiris if we choose to.

I should be able to go back a day, week or month if I choose to start them that long.

I should not get an email notification or clog up my inbox with two emails a day from Image's and Video.

At my house I get alerts and snap shots when I'm not home and if someone walks up to the house (which I assume I'm not alone here). I want that live and right away, which I get. Why do I want to get a daily summery of this if I already knew about these visits earlier when they were live. So I want the option to not be bothered with it.

Reaction score
Yea some way to click on the blue boxes and identify what it is to help the AI would be awesome. Other wise I love the feature, makes it really easy to see everyone at once if your looking for someone.