Your thought on the new feature: Daily Smart Report

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Yea some way to click on the blue boxes and identify what it is to help the AI would be awesome. Other wise I love the feature, makes it really easy to see everyone at once if your looking for someone.
We are still figuring out the feedback mechanism for the AI (user feedback is always welcome). The issue is 1000s of images are needed in order to actually re-train a computer vision model. When users provide feedback on one image... the expectation is often, "I told Sentry this was a mistake but the mistake continues to happen". We either need to manage expectations or find alternative ways to make the models smarter so we do not frustrate users.

-- Sam from Sentry

Reaction score
We are still figuring out the feedback mechanism for the AI (user feedback is always welcome). The issue is 1000s of images are needed in order to actually re-train a computer vision model. When users provide feedback on one image... the expectation is often, "I told Sentry this was a mistake but the mistake continues to happen". We either need to manage expectations or find alternative ways to make the models smarter so we do not frustrate users.

-- Sam from Sentry
No worries, it’s great how it is and I know your team is working hard at it.

Reaction score
So I just signed up for the 15 day trial and it's almost working a little to well! It's doing a fantastic job of suppressing all the false alarms I get, but it's not letting enough through. I live on a farm on a extremely low traffic road (like maybe 5 vehicles a day, if that). With Sentry enabled it is not alerting me when a car drives by or when it pulls into my farm yard. This is very important to me! Is there a way to fix this or will I have to not use Sentry for now?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I just signed up for the 15 day trial and it's almost working a little to well! It's doing a fantastic job of suppressing all the false alarms I get, but it's not letting enough through. I live on a farm on a extremely low traffic road (like maybe 5 vehicles a day, if that). With Sentry enabled it is not alerting me when a car drives by or when it pulls into my farm yard. This is very important to me! Is there a way to fix this or will I have to not use Sentry for now?
Sentry does not currently alert for vehicles. They are planning on enabling that feature soon, I believe. For vehicle detection, I use Sighthound Video, which triggers BI via wget. You could make a clone of the camera(s) that you want to be triggered when a car pulls in and not enable Sentry on the cloned camera. I'd recommend adjusting the object size to be fairly large on the cloned camera so that you don't receive a ton of false alerts.

Reaction score
Sentry does not currently alert for vehicles. They are planning on enabling that feature soon, I believe. For vehicle detection, I use Sighthound Video, which triggers BI via wget. You could make a clone of the camera(s) that you want to be triggered when a car pulls in and not enable Sentry on the cloned camera. I'd recommend adjusting the object size to be fairly large on the cloned camera so that you don't receive a ton of false alerts.
Ok. I'll look into those options. Thanks.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I just spoke with BI today. They are going to revamp the mobile app which will include the Sentry icons in the clip list just like the desktop. They did alter the alerts such that if you have Sentry activated, you only receive push notifications if Sentry determines human activity (see below). I have confirmed it works on my mobile app. However, the count on the BI app icon will get updated for ALL alerts (Sentry & motion).

-- Sam from Sentry

upload_2019-9-18_17-7-4.png

Reaction score
[T]he count on the BI app icon will get updated for ALL alerts (Sentry & motion).

-- Sam from Sentry

View attachment 47499
I don’t want this. If I’m paying for Sentry then I only want alerts on the BI app that have been processed through Sentry. On the console, yes. If something happened I can always go back and review my continuous recordings.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
None of these email reports render properly in Microsoft Outlook?
The trend is to not render emailed images within a web browser or email client by default because of security concerns, but there's a way you can adjust your settings to allow the images to be seen. In my case, I wish there were a way to opt out of these daily emails.

Try right-clicking on the blocked image, and see if there's a way to show the image then.

Reaction score
The trend is to not render emailed images within a web browser or email client by default because of security concerns, but there's a way you can adjust your settings to allow the images to be seen. In my case, I wish there were a way to opt out of these daily emails.

Try right-clicking on the blocked image, and see if there's a way to show the image then.
Yeah unfortunately on my system in whatever format I try it is impossible, I've tried everything. to be honest I think I'll be removing this "facility" its been a farce from day one, I've emailed them and emailed them and all I get is lame emails bac. The actual dashboard has no facilities to remove old cameras and I've tried asking nicely, they keep promising us what the originally stated but there seems to be absolutely no progress whatsoever. The website dashboard is completely misleading. end rant