Youtube - H264 Live Stream - Options ?

NoProblems

n3wb
Reaction score
I am installing a few cameras just for Youtube live streaming and having bandwidth issues

Camera Type: SD49225XA-HNR and SD5A425XA-HNR

To Make it work I use the RMTP section under NETWORK within dahua software where i add the YouTube stream key and enable it and everything work . Since these location are being connected using wifi (5AC) over long distances I need to reduce the bandwidth across my network by not using h.264 and use h.265 however when stream live to youtube it doesn't accept h.265 its only accepts h.265 .

What i was thinking is point all the camera to something like transcoder and have it transcode h265 codec to h.264 in order to stream to youtube ( is it possible 0

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The quickest and dirtiest way to reduce the bandwidth is:
1.) Reduce the bit rate
2.) Reduce FPS

This is not answering your specific question but I would definitely go this way instead.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Reducing the bit rate limit is the solution, unless you want higher bit rate stored locally.

If reduced bit rate makes it look bad, then reducing the frame rate and increasing the i-frame interval can improve the appearance. Lower resolution would also improve it but that is something you would normally only do in an extreme case.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to use third-party software on a PC to re-encode the stream in realtime, here are some options:

• Blue Iris (not free)
  • OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) (free)
  • ffmpeg (free) (difficult)

NoProblems

n3wb
Reaction score
Reducing the bit rate limit is the solution, unless you want higher bit rate stored locally.

If reduced bit rate makes it look bad, then reducing the frame rate and increasing the i-frame interval can improve the appearance. Lower resolution would also improve it but that is something you would normally only do in an extreme case.
If you want to use third-party software on a PC to re-encode the stream in realtime, here are some options:

• Blue Iris (not free)
  • OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) (free)
  • ffmpeg (free) (difficult)
  1. Blue iris - I have a copy of blue iris on a old pc but i need upgrade to a new pc just dedicated to handle the stream
  2. OBS - I build a quick and dirty rmtp server(nginx software ) on a raspberrypi , the obs software takes a feed raspberrypi and then sends it to youtube
  3. I used ffmpeg the same raspberrypi and kinda figured convert and push libx264 i almost have it working

I was looking for a plug and play way

Last edited: