YouTube streaming

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Whats the perma stream link?
JIK, I'll check in a few, here is the current one (might be the perm, won't know until I look :p )

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just moved my live streaming Bluebird Cam from BI over to OBS to see if it does better that BI....BI keeps dropping out. We'll see how OBS does.
<fingers crossed.
How long until it'd drop on you? However much, I doubt I've run it that long a time (and I'm still messing with it)..

annnnnd, she just went next door after playing under the deck for a while...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I could never keep mine up for a full day. Don't know why. Some people seem to be able to and I set mine the same way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long until it'd drop on you? However much, I doubt I've run it that long a time (and I'm still messing with it)..

annnnnd, she just went next door after playing under the deck for a while...
Sometimes 1 hour, sometime 6.....it was never happy with the stream if I used YT's Studio Dashboard. I told OBS to ignore the suggestions from YT, it's been on 5 hrs now....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's dropped to below 18 degrees so a bluebird couple showed up at 16:58 CT to spend the night staying warm.

YT LIVESTREAM REMOVED UNTIL I GET IT WORKING RELIABLY

When it dropped below 5 degrees a day or 2 before Christmas of '22 I posted where about 8 packed in there.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
20 hours later, still streaming. The cat has been all over this morning. Of course I get to watch her from a whole bunch of cams here. She just went back to bed as I'm posting this. A lot of gigs of usage in just 20 hours to stream though...

I see @TonyR still has a stream going at 16 hours, so OBS seems to be working for both of us. Funny thing is that it's 12.4° here and only 10° down there in Alabama.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
20 hours later, still streaming. The cat has been all over this morning. Of course I get to watch her from a whole bunch of cams here. She just went back to bed as I'm posting this. A lot of gigs of usage in just 20 hours to stream though...

I see @TonyR still has a stream going at 16 hours, so OBS seems to be working for both of us. Funny thing is that it's 12.4° here and only 10° down there in Alabama.
Yes, so far so good with YT, about 23 17 hrs IIRC. The 2 bluebirds are still hunkered down in there because of the 10° , they leave at sun up.
I am pleased with OBS, it's what I used back in Feb. 21 for How I streamed a live YouTube video to Blue Iris 5.
I sure wish Ken could fix the instability or compatibility issue between BI and YT because running OBS on the same box as BI really jacks up the CPU, from 20 without OBS to 60% with OBS streaming.
I plan to e-mail BI Support and mention this, not sure how far it'll get but you won't know if you don't start.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As I test, I'm running straight off the IP cams onto this box while grabbing the temp from the BI box. If I decide to keep it going, I've got a nice I3 laptop that has a broken screen (not worth the cost of getting it fixed) which I've hooked up to my tv in this room (since I hardly ever watch tv), I'll transfer OBS to that one and give it a go.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, 6:39 and your birds took off. YouTube shows you at 17 hours of streaming as I'm posting this.
Thanks, I corrected mine to 17, not that it matters but I wasn't sure because I kept monkeying with stuff. Plus being distracted by having to fiddle with my #$@& heater. Sometimes it'll just quit heating and it'll get down to 67° in the house before I realize it (it's set for 70°) and I have to power the unit down for 5 mins then back on then all is OK for 5 or 6 hours then it'll do it again. I think it's the 'stat, I have a new one coming next week.
It's a 3 year old, dual fuel central HVAC, will heat with heat pump down to 30° then below that it'll operate on propane instead...works great....until it doesn't. And not all 'stats will work with a "dual-fuel" system from what I've discovered.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, what rate are you streaming at. I've slowly reduced it to 1800 Kbps so far and haven't notice anything bad yet. I'll continue to monitor and then drop it until I finally see something bad going on, then go with the last one I was happy with.