Zero lux IP cam. What is better then Dahua EcoSavvy 2mp IPC-HFW5231E-ZE ? HX5X3X

XrayZ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua 2mp IPC-HFW5231E-ZE but it cant normally work even at last firmware.
  • it is noisy, low WDR, and cant work without IR light.
  • IR light is very visible and not EXIR type, only round in centre
  • it have VERY slow PLAY speed (microsd card in it 90/90 mb/s sandisk extreme ultra). Directly in gigabit home network i can play record with 4x maximum, higher speed drops picture
  • it have non fully usable adequate soft for playing
  • it have a different bugs
  • IMOU and IMOU life works bad with their H265 and cant normally playing video. They are have not possibility play dirctly as gDMSS Android. With H264 a little better. Even a xmeye works much much better with good speed!
  • gDMSS Android has a worstest interface, much lower IMOU

Please recommend me a few better cameras than IPC-HFW5231E-ZE with normal software: i need 0 Zero lux camera with all HLC BLC etc, with alarm to phone if MD detection or selected zone intrusion. My previous camera for few years was Hikvision, and the same very bad - camera has a real bugs, but Hik even not fix it during all cam life years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Dahua 2mp IPC-HFW5231E-ZE but it cant normally work even at last firmware.
  • it is noisy, low WDR, and cant work without IR light.
  • IR light is very visible and not EXIR type, only round in centre

• it have VERY slow PLAY speed (microsd card in it 90/90 mb/s sandisk extreme ultra). Directly in gigabit home network i can play record with 4x maximum, higher speed drops picture
  • it have non fully usable adequate soft for playing
  • it have a different bugs
  • IMOU and IMOU life works bad with their H265 and cant normally playing video. They are have not possibility play dirctly as gDMSS Android. With H264 a little better. Even a xmeye works much much better with good speed!
  • gDMSS Android has a worstest interface, much lower IMOU

Please recommend me a few better cameras than IPC-HFW5231E-ZE with normal software: i need 0 Zero lux camera with all HLC BLC etc, with alarm to phone if MD detection or selected zone intrusion. My previous camera for few years was Hikvision, and the same very bad - camera has a real bugs, but Hik even not fix it during all cam life years.
As with all cameras the need some sort of light to work well in low light. The 5231 is excellent, but there are better. See the threads on the 4mp starlight cameras. You will still ned light. I dont think you understand what exir is...all ir light on cameras are visible. You will not find a standard camera with 940mm ir because it is week. There is nothing wrong with visible IR, you want your camera to be seen. The rest of your issues are user error, stop using SD cards as your primary recording interface. Get an NVR or better yet yuse a vms.
It sounds to me like you will never be happy.