Zero Tier

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have upgraded my BI computer (i7-6700 16GB RAM); purchased and installed BI 5. Now I am trying to get Zero Tier running on my devices. After creating a network on their website and downloading the software on my BI machine, when I try to open the ZT control panel, it closes immediately, so I can't join the network I have created. Has anyone had this problem, and what could be my problem? Thanks for your help.

Techhead

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you authorized the BI machine within your ZeroTier network management settings?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to add the computer from the ZeroTier site, on your management page. I'd also suggest uninstalling ZeroTier off the machine, reboot, the try a re-install.

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only way I could join the network on my BI machine, because the ZT control panel would not open, was to manually add it from the ZeroTier central website, and then join by executing the command in command prompt. I will uninstall from BI machine and reinstall. I read in the ZeroTier forum that someone had this problem and Edge was causing, but I couldn't find the fix. Thanks for your replies.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're on WIn10, try using Internet Explorer. It's available there. Alternately, try installing the IE extensions in Edge. I refer to Edge as Sludge.