ZeroTier and Dual Nic

Reaction score
I'm having trouble viewing BI remotely. If you use ZeroTier do you need to also do the Dual NIC setup as described in the Wiki? Thanks

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
You haven't really given us enough info to go on here. Assuming you utilize Zerotier as VPN remote access to your network, you could utilize a dual NIC setup but it may not be necessary. That really depends on your network design which you haven't shared with us.

Reaction score
Sorry I don't really know what I'm talking about (obviously) I set up the dual nic on my blue iris PC first. I then setup zero tier on my BI PC as well for VPN. My ultimate goal is to be able to remotely view BI on my home network, but also outside of the home network. Let me know what info you need and I'll try to get it for you. Thanks

Reaction score
Here's my setup. I've got a router with wifi in my house. There is a LAN line run from the house to the garage underground. I've got another router in my garage so that I can have a wifi signal in the garage. I've got a PC with blue iris and dual NIC's. One NIC is plugged into the router, one NIC is plugged into the POE switch. I cannot view UI3 when typing in the LAN access address in the house. Even though I have two routers, its the same network correct? Thanks

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
That depends on how you connected the 2nd router. If you connected the 2nd router to a LAN port then yes, it's on the same network. If you have connected the 2nd router via the WAN port, then the answer is no. In the 2nd scenario you will also be dealing with a 2nd NAT from the 2nd router. You'd have to open a port to get to the cameras in that case on the 2nd router.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The second router should be set to access mode. Not as a router.
Make and model of second router.
What is the SSID and channel on both the main router and the second router ?
Is the BI computer connected to the second router ?
a network diagram would help