Zone A motion detecting keeps losing the configuration and going to default

xytechlegit00

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Setup motion detecting today and for some reason the locations I want monitored in zone a keep defaulting to the entire camera screen. I have to keep going back in and setting up what I want monitored.What exactly am I doing wrong or is there a work-around?

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would try excluding the path where Blue Iris (C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4) is installed from your Antivirus Security software. Also, make sure you are launching Blue Iris using BlueIrisAdmin.exe or have checked the option "Require run-as Administrator" in Blue Iris Options -> Startup.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Setup motion detecting today and for some reason the locations I want monitored in zone a keep defaulting to the entire camera screen. I have to keep going back in and setting up what I want monitored.What exactly am I doing wrong or is there a work-around?
Remember that zones are profile specific. So ensure you are selecting the proper profile when editing zones.

xytechlegit00

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would try excluding the path where Blue Iris (C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4) is installed from your Antivirus Security software. Also, make sure you are launching Blue Iris using BlueIrisAdmin.exe or have checked the option "Require run-as Administrator" in Blue Iris Options -> Startup.
I added the folder to my exclusion path in my AV. I've been launching it with the admin exe and had the require run-as admin already enabled. WIll keep an eye on things, thanks!