Zone Based Alerting

dis3as3d

n3wb
Reaction score
Just getting the hang of BI with only my front door camera set up right now. Hopefully this isn't a dumb question.

I'd like to set up different alert types based on the zone that gets triggered. With my front door, I'd like to get email alerts for Zone A that covers a broad area around my front door. I've also mapped out a much smaller Zone B for the door itself, and would like to receive text alerts for that zone. Is this possible? I've been playing with the settings, but can't find a way to make this work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just getting the hang of BI with only my front door camera set up right now. Hopefully this isn't a dumb question.

I'd like to set up different alert types based on the zone that gets triggered. With my front door, I'd like to get email alerts for Zone A that covers a broad area around my front door. I've also mapped out a much smaller Zone B for the door itself, and would like to receive text alerts for that zone. Is this possible? I've been playing with the settings, but can't find a way to make this work.
You would have to clone the camera and setup each zone separately.

Markles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As fenderman says, create clones and define the zones and alerts you need. Here's a good video on using clones: