Zone Crossing

Neil Sidhu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct a zone Crossing that are triggered with shadows? I have a line in my driveway with A>B and in the evening when some is walking on the sidewalk (which I don't want an alert for) their shadow will cross my zone lines and send me an alert. Anyway I can correct this? Also at night when a car on the street drives by, sometimes their light will cross my zone and cause an alert.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'd probably get a better response with screenshots & sensitivity settings, I suspect the answer lies within.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is something i struggled with for some time
I even created different profiles for mornings and evenings to avoid shadows from my trees - which i didn't keep (I do have a windy profile however)

you could try different angles with your zone lines/areas - but as the sun goes down - those shadows get longer...

I now simply record more and alert less - more meaningful alerts... just 2 - 3 seconds later than before...

Tro

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve also not found a way to stop shadows or headlights from triggering. In the early days I tried all sorts of zones and crossings but gave up, now only have a single zone with movement and just fine tuned it as much as I could.

What you really need is a how fast the movement is option as a shadow being cast or headlight would be fast moving.

Neil Sidhu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have also tried the new AI tool that has been mentioned in this forum but i am getting false alerts in that as well as it analysis the entire picture when the person walking on the sidewalk sets off the trigger; it will detect that person as a human and send me the alert.. Which is not what i want. Sure it can filter out cars..

No matter how to draw these lines, that shadow will cross it!