Zone settings help

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a challenging situation. In the yellow area, I'd like to trigger/alert vehicles. It's a narrow window in the FOV. In the orange area, I'd like to trigger/alert people and vehicles. I typically use 2 zone crossing for triggers, but the vehicles are generally fast moving and I'm missing them. Would appreciate suggestions on zone mask design and trigger settings. I use D1 sub streams for AI analysis. Thanks!

1715891228486.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera is it and if it has AI, how is it performing?

Any chance you could turn the camera a little more left to try to get more of the vehicle in it?

If the camera doesn't have AI, then I suspect you need to have CPAI set up with a do not cancel and send several images at small time intervals between images.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's a 54IR. The onboard AI misses as well. Turning the camera to the left won't help. Large shrubs completely obscure the street. However, this may be something self-inflicted. I spent this afternoon trying to use B-C zones and I'm getting zero triggers. For example, the zones below don't trigger at all when I walk back and forth between them. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

1715898698162.png

1715898748535.png
1715898779971.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When using BI motion, you need to make the zones larger.

Do a playback with tuning on of you walking around and watch how little of your body actually gets "highlighted" by the BI motion. And then if you are anywhere that your body isn't in your zone, which would be very possible when walking near the landscaping, then it will miss it.

Look at this example - barely half the body is getting the blue squares and more of where he previously was is actually highlighted. And I have min contrast at the minimum to try to be more sensitive.

1715899398107.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When using BI motion, you need to make the zones larger.

Do a playback with tuning on of you walking around and watch how little of your body actually gets "highlighted" by the BI motion. And then if you are anywhere that your body isn't in your zone, which would be very possible when walking near the landscaping, then it will miss it.

Look at this example - barely half the body is getting the blue squares and more of where he previously was is actually highlighted. And I have min contrast at the minimum to try to be more sensitive.

View attachment 194723
I'll keep trying things. Would it help to have Zone A filled completely? That used to be a thing, right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that is still a thing, especially when it isn't triggering.