Zones - Pushover Alerts and Zoning not working

jelf4352

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have zones setup under the trigger tab. Motion A, B and C. I also have "on alert" to send a command that sends a pushover notification to my phone when there is motion in Zone A only. However, im constantly receiving pushover notifications when theres motion in Zone B and C. Ive spent too much time trying to figure this out, so asking for help from the BI gods please! I only use profiles 1 and 2. Profile 1 sends push notifications and Profile 2 doesnt send push notifications.

1712902441689.png

1712902586575.png

jelf4352

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is an example from my AI analysis. I received an notification from pushover, but as you can see the car is in motion C.

1712904137671.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You cannot confirm Alerts based on zones using the 'Motion zones' controls for Actions.

Try this feature provided in update 5.7.1.1.
Add an entry like 'vehicle:A80' to the Action's 'Required AI objects' setting.

(Ken added it after shared the same observations you describe above.)

BTW, you (still) will NOT find this discussed in the Help PDF's 'Alerts and Actions' chapter, 'Conditions' section (I have mentioned this to Ken).
1712946543306.png

I should also note that I've communicated to Ken that using an entry like 'person:AB80' requires the object to be detected ALL specified zones requested (i.e., Zones 'A' AND 'B', not 'A' OR 'B'). He suggested that I instead create duplicate Actions, one with 'person:A80' and the other with 'person:B80. I noted that this was a bit tedious to implement if looking to confirm several AI labels in many zones (e.g., 'dog:ABCD50', 'cat:ABCD50'). so far he has not responded to this.

Last edited:

jelf4352

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You cannot confirm Alerts based on zones using the 'Trigger sources and zones' controls for Actions.

Try this feature provided in update 5.7.1.1.
Add an entry like 'vehicle:A80' to the Action's 'Required AI objects' setting.

(Ken added it after shared the same observations you describe above.)

BTW, you (still) will NOT find this discussed in the 'Alerts and Action' chapter, 'Conditions' section (I have mentioned this to Ken).
View attachment 192168

I should also note that I've communicated to Ken that using an entry like 'person:AB80' requires the object to be detected ALL specified zones requested (i.e., Zones 'A' AND 'B', not 'A' OR 'B'). He suggested that I instead create duplicate Actions, one with 'person:A80' and the other with 'person:B80. I noted that this was a bit tedious to implement if looking to confirm several AI labels in many zones (e.g., 'dog:ABCD50', 'cat:ABCD50'). so far he has not responded to this.
Do you happen to know why this issue is specific to alerts? All other commands and actions work for zoning

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you happen to know why this issue is specific to alerts? All other commands and actions work for zoning
I vaguely recall him saying something like this... this setting applies to use of zones for motion triggers (i.e., not external and ONVIF triggers).

jelf4352

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I vaguely recall him saying something like this... this setting applies to use of zones for motion triggers (i.e., not external and ONVIF triggers).
I guess I don’t really understand why not. I might email Ken myself . Seems like it should be doable but I of course have no idea how any of this works lol

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wht
Well, I just turned off pushover notifications for that camera since I can’t set it to certain zones. But I did include person filter like you said.
Try using an AI confirmation like ‘person:A’ or ‘person:A80’ in an Alert tab On-alert Action sending a pushover notification. And make sure ‘Use zones and hot spot’ is checked on the Trigger tab.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wht
Well, I just turned off pushover notifications for that camera since I can’t set it to certain zones. But I did include person filter like you said.
Try using an AI confirmation like ‘person:A’ or ‘person:A80’ in an Alert tab On-alert Action sending a pushover notification. And make sure ‘Use zones and hot spot’ is checked on the Trigger tab.

jelf4352

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wht

Yea, I need zones b and c for ptz to move to that area. But I don’t need it for pushover notifications. So solution is to just turn off the notifications.im using the “person” filter in ai configuration to only get alerts for people now.