Zoom and export

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible in BI to zoom (digital with mouse wheel) and export the video as it's seen on screen? Can't seem to find a way, can set start and end markers but it always exports the whole camera view.

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible in BI to zoom (digital with mouse wheel) and export the video as it's seen on screen? Can't seem to find a way, can set start and end markers but it always exports the whole camera view.

Thank you
no.....its really not useful to do it that way as you can zoom in using vlc when you playback in mp4...

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can yes but the person I'm sending it to can't.

Oh well recording the screen with my phone it is then. Not very 2018 but hey ho that's BI

thanks

Migel

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is not a video editing software package.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can yes but the person I'm sending it to can't.

Oh well recording the screen with my phone it is then. Not very 2018 but hey ho that's BI

thanks
right, too bad blue iris is not a video editor :screwy:...how silly...what other vms were you using that allows that? perhaps you should get into 2018 by downloading and learning to use video editing software rather than record via phone...that is left to fools who dont know how to work the recorders they own..
Seems like you think BI is outdated...please let us know when you find a better alternative at this price....we would all be interested...

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What software is good for video editing? (Asking for a friend)

Meno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
right, too bad blue iris is not a video editor :screwy:...how silly...what other vms were you using that allows that? perhaps you should get into 2018 by downloading and learning to use video editing software rather than record via phone...that is left to fools who dont know how to work the recorders they own..
Seems like you think BI is outdated...please let us know when you find a better alternative at this price....we would all be interested...
BI is on a dedicated PC as advised, no other software.
I needed to quickly retrieve the clip.
BI has trim but not crop, if it's not a video editor then trim shouldn't be there.

How sad that you resort to name calling.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI is on a dedicated PC as advised, no other software.
I needed to quickly retrieve the clip.
BI has trim but not crop, if it's not a video editor then trim shouldn't be there.

How sad that you resort to name calling.
Trim is a very different function than crop... to both implement and execute...additionally there is never a need to crop.. anyone watching the video should know how to zoom...if your grandpa can't figure it out use TeamViewer and show him...the video is obviously not important if a cell recording was sufficient...
What does a dedicated PC have to do with it? Do you not own a thumb drive or have a network connection? You have to get the video off somehow...God.

i asked and yet you falied to reply.. what other nvr or vms does this for you? how sad that you have no problem hurling insults about the software buy can't handle when it is thrown right back in your face....
Go use another vms and stop bitching like a child..

Migel

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is not a video editor. Never will be. Would it make you then happy if the author removed the feature to export clips from the main file?