Zoom level/focal length on T5442T-ZE

tytan

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies if this is pretty obvious but I haven’t had any luck after looking around. On the Dahua web interface, how do you confirm what the zoom level is set to, as it relates to focal length? Say I wanted to test what 6mm focal length looks like, how do I set the camera to that specifically? The Zoom slider shows numbers from 0 (Zoom in) to 2275 (Zoom Out). However, it doesn't state what the equivalent lens focal length is within 2.7-12mm range.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First you need to hover the mouse pointer over the zoom button on the bar and note the number you are set at. You also need the numbers from max and minum zoom, so note all three. Have a look in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page, and there's a calculator in there which will give you a fairly accurate calculation of mm.

Reaction score
In case you can't find it, here is a link to the calculator:

Realize that there may be some ambiguity with the value that you get. If you are going to use that number to base purchasing a fixed lens cam, depending on the make, model, MP and sensor size, and the type of lens used, you may not be able to get a good translation of FOV/focal length. See this thread:

tytan

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize that there may be some ambiguity with the value that you get. If you are going to use that number to base purchasing a fixed lens cam, depending on the make, model, MP and sensor size, and the type of lens used, you may not be able to get a good translation of FOV/focal length. See this thread:

Wow @samplenhold. That was SUPER helpful & spared me much future bewilderment. I literally just unboxed a 5442T-ZE and a 5442T and was starting to compare to gauge my next fixed lens models. I appreciate your info. It now seems this won't be an exact science but hopefully close enough.