Zooming without a Mouse

rubinox

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm actually a little embarrassed to be asking this, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to zoom in on a video without using a mouse wheel.

When right clicking on a video, I see "Zoom Out", which is rightfully grayed out but no zoom in?

I've googled it but came up with nothing.

Surely it's possible! The reason I ask is because I run Blue Iris on my HTPC and I use this keyboard:

01-Logitech-K400-Plus-review-front.jpg

-Jason

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can create a keyboard shortcut in Blue Iris Options/Keyboard shortcuts. "Digital zoom in" and "Digital zoom out" are both on the function list available to add as a shortcut.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also with some touchpads, dragging up or down with two fingers causes scroll wheel events to be sent.

rubinox

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant! Thanks!

I've got multi-touch gestures disabled since I seem to always fat-finger it and unintentionally all kinds of things happen!

-Jason

rubinox

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I've mapped Zoom in to "I" and Zoom out to "O". It's working great for live view, however doesn't do anything for recorded video.

The grayed out "Zoom out" remains within the right-click menu of recorded video which is indicative of the possibility.

I've tried both "Digitally Zoom In" and "Zoom In" keyboard functions.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Jason

rubinox

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the function mapped to keyboard hotkeys, and works fine for live view.
When trying it with recorded video, it zooms in on the live view thumbnail in the bottom right corner, and has no effect when the recording is full screen.

I suppose I'll have to connect a mouse when I need to zoom in on any recordings.

-Jason

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got the function mapped to keyboard hotkeys, and works fine for live view.
When trying it with recorded video, it zooms in on the live view thumbnail in the bottom right corner, and has no effect when the recording is full screen.

I suppose I'll have to connect a mouse when I need to zoom in on any recordings.

-Jason
Does that touchpad support pinch zoom?