Zosi NVR - Auto Reboot ?

wee-haggis

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a basic 4 Camera + Wireless Zosi NVR system. I have this annoying situation where
at exactly 2am in the morning it does a single loud beep. I can't say exactly how frequently but i would guess once a week.
Probably done it for 6 or 7 weeks.
I do not have any scheduled alarms or recording settings. They told me to disable the Motion Alarm but
I know for sure it has nothing to do with that because it happens at exactly 2am (nothing to do with Motion). The NVR has the latest updates. I changed the power supply. The problem continues.
I have been in contact several times with Zosi and they cannot come up with a solution.
Last week I received a new replacement system from them under the warranty. I hooked it up and
at exactly 2am that same night , it Beeped again.
Does anyone know if Zosi NVR's have some sort of scheduled weekly reboot (as other NVR's seem to have)? If it does, I cannot see any
mention of it in the Settings.
I have asked Zosi several times......"just tell me how to disable the beep" (because Its something I do not want or need). They do not answer me.
Anyone know If I can do that myself.
Thanks

fergy

n3wb
Reaction score
All the NVR's I've messed with have the auto reboot setting, and half of them had it set to automatically reboot like once a week on Sunday AM early, the other half had it unchecked, or off. Is there a web interface for the NVR if you connect to it via IE using the IP address as the URL? Sometimes, the web interface has a few more features than the regular GUI output by the HDMI. Just a few suggestions. Good luck!

wee-haggis

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot access via IP address. Still not heard back from Zosi. I know it would void the warranty (but i don't care), can I unsolder the buzzer without it having a detrimental effect on the NVR's operation ?