zwave doorbell

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using or have experience with a zwave doorbell?

I only managed to find one brand Aeon Lab but it seem to have not a good review on it

Amazon.com: Aeotec by Aeon Labs ZW056 Doorbell, Small, White: Home Improvement

We are Deaf so we are needing a z wave doorbell with chime to alerts our hearing children but at same time flashes the lights around house and send alert to our phone.

I also noticed this one but not sure how it tied to the existing doorbell chime

Nexia Z-Wave Doorbell Sensor, DB100Z - - Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
After reading up the reviews on that Nexia device, it seem it require a transformer type doorbell to operate it.

The doorbell that on my house is one of those wireless battery powered so the Nexia won't work on it

Either i have to hardwire a doorbell in and add a transformer to use this or set up a zwave switch with relay switch combo or find a good true zwave doorbell button with a zwave chime

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use a zwave motion sensor outside that way I always know when someone is on my front porch no need to ring I know you are there..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^ This, if your deaf you wont hear em knocking and they are under zero obligation to push a button to summon you.

I have my doorbell hooked to automation, and mebe 2-3 times out of 10 someone coming to my door presses it.. I have a large pressure mat under the welcome mat that catches the rest

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a zwave motion sensor outside that way I always know when someone is on my front porch no need to ring I know you are there..
Do you get false alert with it often?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
^^ This, if your deaf you wont hear em knocking and they are under zero obligation to push a button to summon you.

I have my doorbell hooked to automation, and mebe 2-3 times out of 10 someone coming to my door presses it.. I have a large pressure mat under the welcome mat that catches the rest

Do you have a web link to the pressure mat that you are using?

Is it like normally open switch which closes when there a pressure? Does it require power to it to operate?

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you get false alert with it often?
Only when the sun wants to be a prick... days when the sun comes and goes so when it's super bright from the sun then it get cloudy again with 30 seconds.. but far as snow,rain,hail,birds none of that set it off he'll even the neighborhood cat walks up without setting it off. So I don't get flase alarms a lot at all. I could prob fix the sun issue but I'm being lazy and don't want to only happens once every 3 months or so.