gDMSS update - push notifications no longer working

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem? gDMSS updated on July 29th and now I am no longer receiving push notifications for IVS events.

I checked the Android play store and saw this note....

Screenshot_20170703-104451.png

I tried re-subscribing which didn't work, so i deleted the app, re-download it and set it back up... Still am getting the "subscription failed" message. It has been working perfectly for me for the past 3 months.

Anybody else have this issue or a fix for it? I haven't sent an email yet but figured I'd check here first....

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This morning I emailed the company thru the play store. Hopefully they can help get it resolved.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was playing around with the gDMSS app some more and found a workaround. I previously had my nvr added as the only device. I added one camera that has IVS rules and the went thru the motions to subscribe to the alarms from that device and it successfully subscribed. I guess I'll just add all my devices individually now in order to get the push notifications working again.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The workaround did not work. I updated the app to the new version as of this morning... Still doesn't work. I sent my second email to Dahua thru the play store this morning.

@EMPIRETECANDY do you have any ideas or have you heard anything about this?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an android phone so i can't use iDMSS. Thank you for looking into it!

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does that get IVS push notifications? Weird, the menu layout is practically identical to gDMSS.

The only reason i have the gDMSS app is for the notifications. I mainly use Tinycam to view the live video.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe the paid version does, I only have the free version on an iPhone. I get my push through iDMSS but like you find that smetimes when they update iDMSS it breaks, so was using this as a backup.
The UI does look damn near identical

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Push notifications from Hikvision not possible at the moment for 3d party apps. Only original Hikvision app can do that.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also having this issue. I have setup the notifications through the NVR and it says "Failed to subscribe" so I set it up directly on the camera. I don't get an error message this way, but the notifications don't work either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The individual cameras half works for me... It will send me the live video but not the ivs events.

Also, @alexvas how about Dahua?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Push notifications only works for original manufacturers apps. So it will not in tinyCam Monitor for Dahua cams as well.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@DavidDavid you wrote no info of your Android device. What android version do you use?
I am for sure, it´s not a general problem. I have configured it for several devices. On all ones below Android 7.x ist working well. Of course I also noticed, that after an update it´s sometimes necessary to subscript to the push service again. This is annoying but not a big problem.

Much more complicated is the problem of notifications stops after a few hours of no app useage. This is on my Android 7.0 and 7.1 devices (One Plus 3T and another one I can´t remember the device name) the case. For a long time I was writing many comment to the app contact addresses, being for sure it´s an app library problem with doze changes, but i never got an answer.
I the past week I i did another try with lineageos 14.1 (7.1.1) nightly on an note 3. and I was really surprised that i still receive notifications without using the device for the hole day. And it´s still working.

So if you have the knowledge, maybe it helps you to root your device and flash lineageos to it.

@alexvas
I still have hope you are able to solve the dahua smart codec issue for tinycammonitor pro. Because I like the app, but for this reason its not useable for me anymore. Only as a better home screen widget, which is working well.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@DavidDavid
I am for sure, it´s not a general problem.
It is a general problem for Android and Apple phones...

Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

And I have a Moto Z Play with Android 7.1.1 that appears to have been updated on July 1st. The day after gDMSS was updated on my phone. Maybe I was confused about when it actually stopped working... Could have been when Android was updated or when the app updated I can't remember now specifically.

Either way, I think a new NVR firmware update has solved the problem for some people in that other thread... But I haven't updated it yet.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually upon further investigation, Android was updated on August 10th. There was a security patch on July 1st.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, but I hasn´t seen you writing that it was with an nvr? I had with a customer smartphone the subscribe problem solved with changing the android account, because he and his wife had the same device, with the same name and the same google account, with another google acccount it was working fine.

With an NVR you can also try to make a backup, then facory reset of nvr and try again. If it now works, remove subscribtion, install the backup and try to subscribe again.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I have a Dahua NVR5216-4KS2. Push notifications won't work without a Dahua NVR.

They were working just fine for me for 3 months or so before the update.

I'm planning on upgrading the NVR firmware tonight and I'll report back if that fixes the problem.