I just received my SD49225T-HN weird noises

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it logical to expect a customer to take apart a new camera to make it work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it logical to expect a customer to take apart a new camera to make it work?

YES. You are exactly the reason why dahua and hikvision and most of the large manufactures dont sell to end users..SOMETIMES things happen during shipping. Relax. Otherwise, send it back and hire a professional to do the installation. To his credit andy as taken care of others who have had issues. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you describe the "weird noise" a bit? Maybe compare it to a general sound effects that we may be familiar with. Would it be a tight squeaking or grinding sound like a motor is trying to move but getting jammed? or is it electronic beeping/squealing? Does it make the sound constantly or does it only happen when you try panning/tilting?
Constantly almost like a belt is loose. A squealing noise.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I watched the video, the pan/tilt sticker and have vibiration noise. So I am sure it's the silicon bag stucked.
You can open it as picture shows.
I removed the 2 bags on either side of the head without resolution. It's in the pan X axis of the unit. How do I open up that area?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I removed the 2 bags on either side of the head without resolution. It's in the pan X axis of the unit. How do I open up that area?

Hi Jeff,

I send you a PM, please refer there, i am with dahua engineer talking for this, so need fast talking with you.

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the 2 bags on the top and side of the head without resolution. It's in the pan X axis of the unit. How do I open up that area?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Constantly almost like a belt is loose. A squealing noise.

If it's constant (and not just when panning) then it may be with the fan (either it's defective, not connected well or something is touching it).....If it happens only when panning, then it could be a loose belt or it could be one of those packets.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
ck and make sure your power supply is actually outputting what it should. If it is not it will make the motors squeal. Is this a new power supply ? If you have another supply or better yet power it via POE just to eliminate that possibility.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As talked with dahua engineer, this camera has problem for the motor, just arranging the taking back, and will send a new one back today.
This may happen during the shipment. Also maybe the problem about the power adapter, i will send an 12V 3A adapter with the new shipment, and try.

Last edited:

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
ck and make sure your power supply is actually outputting what it should. If it is not it will make the motors squeal. Is this a new power supply ? If you have another supply or better yet power it via POE just to eliminate that possibility.
I'm going to try it on the switch tomorrow. I'm not holding out much hope. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

JeffW

n3wb
Reaction score
As talked with dahua engineer, this camera has problem for the motor, just arranging the taking back, and will send a new one back today.
This may happen during the shipment. Also maybe the problem about the power adapter, i will send an 12V 3A adapter with the new shipment, and try.
Thanks Andy for getting things straightened out.