Suggestions

Jgonz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m looking for recommendations on a 16 channel POE camera set up for my 2 flat in Chicago. I will be installing 11 cameras right away and more later. Also, would you recommend bullet or turret cameras?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Jgonz

n3wb
Reaction score
All of my cameras will be installed outside. Do turrets perform well in cold temperatures, snow and rain. They will be on the side of the property so they will all be exposed to the Chicago weather

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turrets work fine in all weather conditions.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of my cameras will be installed outside. Do turrets perform well in cold temperatures, snow and rain. They will be on the side of the property so they will all be exposed to the Chicago weather
Hi @Jgonz

How well cameras do outdoors, with snow and rain is very dependent on how well they were installed to keep the elements out ...

iirc we've had a number of threads covering this topic .. hint look for : Junction box, coax seal / silicone stretch tape, drip loop(s), electrical tape, silicone caulking, di-electric gel .. )

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy has a web site so look it over too. You are just in time for his raffle and big Thanksgiving Sale.
Also are package deals NVR w/ cameras too.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Turret is the most shape camera here, IPC-T54IR-ZE IPC-54IR-AS

but the famous bullet cams here are for very long range watching, some use it as LPR camera with some further DIY settings.
Like IPC-B52IR-Z12E and 4MP IPC-B54IR-Z4E

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Jgonz

How well cameras do outdoors, with snow and rain is very dependent on how well they were installed to keep the elements out ...

iirc we've had a number of threads covering this topic .. hint look for : Junction box, coax seal / silicone stretch tape, drip loop(s), electrical tape, silicone caulking, di-electric gel .. )
+1^^^.
As here: