Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

NeTgHoSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you guys able to receive ONVIF events from this 180 cam? I had the GetEvents Error at first and now BI just says GetEvents not running? Does it come up as generic ONVIF for y'all also? Wondering what the issue is. Events are being sent by the camera; I checked the log.

Toadpops

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you guys able to receive ONVIF events from this 180 cam? I had the GetEvents Error at first and now BI just says GetEvents not running? Does it come up as generic ONVIF for y'all also? Wondering what the issue is. Events are being sent by the camera; I checked the log.
This happened to me till I figured out I had x265 instead of 264 in the camera Encode compression

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera has arrived. Opened up and plugged in just to ensure everything worked properly, and that I didn't get a barbie doll instead of the camera. :eek:
Booted up and runs fine.

Now, to figure out if I want to mount covering the front porch & side yard, or to cover the side yard and part of the back yard.
Anyone have thoughts on the matter?

Toadpops

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had the same exact experience with the cameras only detecting people and vehicles in the middle, stitched area. This happens day and night. Thought I was the only one who experienced this. I too have tried trip wires and intrusion areas with varying sensitivity settings. Never could get SMD to work with this camera at all. Hope there is an available solution for this problem. They are great cameras for viewing wide angles, but without being able to detect and send notifications, they become kind of worthless for the application. Guess I’ll be going back to the 4K-X until this is solved.
I have the same problems with my two cameras, just right in the middle detection no matter what I do. Anyone come up with a solution?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera has arrived. Opened up and plugged in just to ensure everything worked properly, and that I didn't get a barbie doll instead of the camera. :eek:
Booted up and runs fine.

Now, to figure out if I want to mount covering the front porch & side yard, or to cover the side yard and part of the back yard.
Anyone have thoughts on the matter?
I mounted the IPC-Color4K-T180 on top of the front door under the awning and the video looks great at night with the street light. My backyard was too small and dark for this camera.

And the mic on this camera seems to be much louder than my 4k-X.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have the same problems with my two cameras, just right in the middle detection no matter what I do. Anyone come up with a solution?
Let me do some research on it, could you get some pic show which part can't do triggered? Maybe the splice in the middle make this happen. I send you a DM for further talking.

Last edited:

Gysman

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, read through all 24 pages, and now HAVE to have this camera. I think it would perfectly suit my needs, with a driveway left and a driveway right next to my house.

What would be the best way to order this and get it shipped to the Netherlands? Ok with the price (still need wife approval though...), but a little held back with the ~80 dollars shipping and import that I see on empiretech@Amazon.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
ok, read through all 24 pages, and now HAVE to have this camera. I think it would perfectly suit my needs, with a driveway left and a driveway right next to my house.

What would be the best way to order this and get it shipped to the Netherlands? Ok with the price (still need wife approval though...), but a little held back with the ~80 dollars shipping and import that I see on empiretech@Amazon.
which country you are from?

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Put the camera up today. Definitely an interesting overview. :)
It'll take awhile to set everything up, but so far it's doing good.

I decided to use this for a total side yard view, moved the angle on a couple other cameras and we shall see how that does for a few days.

NeTgHoSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Any ideas to reduce wind noise DIY-style without using the built-in noise reduction? Foam or something? It can get quite loud when turning up volume to hear quiet parts of recordings during any wind.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Put the camera up today. Definitely an interesting overview. :)
It'll take awhile to set everything up, but so far it's doing good.

I decided to use this for a total side yard view, moved the angle on a couple other cameras and we shall see how that does for a few days.
Post some pics.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score