Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any ideas to reduce wind noise DIY-style without using the built-in noise reduction? Foam or something? It can get quite loud when turning up volume to hear quiet parts of recordings during any wind.
Yes foam or some sort of windscreen like you see people put on mics works.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, all of Andy's Dahua OEM cams can be flashed with official Dahua firmware.
Thanks @wittaj , these days a friend has to come from the USA to Europe and bring me the IPC-Color4K-T180 camera, I was wondering if the firmwares are the same and compatible?

Dear @EMPIRETECANDY actually what is the difference between Your firmware, and the official firmware from the Dahua site?

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes foam or some sort of windscreen like you see people put on mics works.
I cut up some foam mic windscreens (black and white) and attached them over the mic holes to my cameras by using Command picture-hanging strips. They work well and are easy to remove (without camera finish damage), if I need to take them off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj , these days a friend has to come from the USA to Europe and bring me the IPC-Color4K-T180 camera, I was wondering if the firmwares are the same and compatible?

Dear @EMPIRETECANDY actually what is the difference between Your firmware, and the official firmware from the Dahua site?
In my experience, you will usually find that the firmware we get from Andy is actually better and more recent than what is on the Dahua website because many members here provide feedback to Andy and then Dahua makes modifications to the firmware and sends back to him and then he sends out to his customers. These have been great improvements that on some models Dahua doesn't even update their firmware and add to their website. So many of us are running a newer firmware than those that purchase Dahua cameras through professional installers. Smart IR on the 5442 series is one such improvement. Autotracking on the 49225 and 49425 PTZ is another. We got the next version of AI SMD 3.0 prior to anyone else as well.

And in some instances, like for this camera so far, the only difference is Dahua firmware will have the Dahua Logo on it and Andy's doesn't.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought a IPC-Color4K-T180 Black version from Andy @ EmpireTech. Great communication & fast shipping!

Maybe I expected too much but at this distance, is this the clearest I can expect for recognizing people faces as in this video? Any recommendations to optimize facial recognition?

Attached are screengrabs of my current settings. I have to confess, I'm not the greatest at doing my own settings. I followed one of Wildcat_1's settings per his YouTube video on the IPC-Color4K-T180.

PS. I uploaded the original 4096x1800 video to YouTube, but it's only been optimized to 1080p :(

IPC-Color4K-T180 Settings 001.jpgIPC-Color4K-T180 Settings 002.jpg

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bought a IPC-Color4K-T180 Black version from Andy @ EmpireTech. Great communication & fast shipping!

Maybe I expected too much but at this distance, is this the clearest I can expect for recognizing people faces as in this video? Any recommendations to optimize facial recognition?

Attached are screengrabs of my current settings. I have to confess, I'm not the greatest at doing my own settings. I followed one of Wildcat_1's settings per his YouTube video on the IPC-Color4K-T180.

PS. I uploaded the original 4096x1800 video to YouTube, but it's only been optimized to 1080p :(

View attachment 173054View attachment 173055

The video is private, but based on that screenshot yes you are expecting too much - the camera is too high and too far away. Realistically faces need to be within 20 feet or so and closer at night with that focal length to identify, although someone you recognize should be able to be recognized based on their weight, clothing, walk, etc.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The video is private, but based on that screenshot yes you are expecting too much - the camera is too high and too far away. Realistically faces need to be within 20 feet or so and closer at night with that focal length to identify, although someone you recognize should be able to be recognized based on their weight, clothing, walk, etc.
Sorry, changed my YouTube settings to Unlisted. You should be able to view it now. Would this be a good spotter cam if I paired it with the SD4A425DB-HNY Auto-Tracking MiniPTZ?

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a good spotter cam - that tree on the right will be a little problematic.
My wife is a bit of a Minimalist. I had to remove the Dahua SD52C225U-HNI PTZ I had up there before this IPC-Color4K-T180. Don't get me wrong. I like the 180° coverage which I primarily got it for. The PTZ used to go erratic sometimes during important events where the auto-tracking went astray!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a diff situation A. I'm not married to the girl who owns the house, and she lived in Westminster/Orange county, Ca. ( Little Saigon) and the East side of St. Paul, and B. has had things ripped off, broken into ..etc...and C. her Nephews all have these marvelous Wifi systems with marvelous Apps that text's them 42,000 times a day with motion.....
So she has to keep up with the Nguyen's( Jones) dontcha know.
We had no eyes on the west side of the house except for LPR's . no broad brush overview.....So I wanted to try the color4k 180 over there....It's mounted about ass crack high, just above the gas meter. so far I like it....
1695528003018.png

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi wittaj! Would I be better off replacing the IPC-Color4K-T180 at the same camera location with this 5442 varifocal camera if Human Facial Detection was my primary objective?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi wittaj! Would I be better off replacing the IPC-Color4K-T180 at the same camera location with this 5442 varifocal camera if Human Facial Detection was my primary objective?
Yeah, a varifocal that can be optically zoomed to the area you want to IDENTIFY will be a better choice.

Now keep in mind some cameras have a human facial detection option to only trigger when a face is seen, but many here prefer human IVS instead of facial detection as some have seen that facial detection is more easily tricked. But some have had no problems with it either.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Have one issue from @AzN_NiNjA01 about loose the singnal on the 180 camera, thanks to @AzN_NiNjA01 trying, the solution is
Enabling decoder compatibility in BI seems to have solved the no signal problem.

I seem to be having some problem with the 4K-T180. I have tried to reset the camera, updated the firmware, changed the resolution, changed the fps down. I'm still getting like 100+ no signal in a day inside Blueiris. I had one other Color 4KT giving me no singnal problems at the begining of setup but after I reset to factory and setup again, the problem went away but for some reason, the 4K-T180 seems to keep losing signal. The ethernet wire run is only 120 ft and I'm not having any power issues from my cisco POE switch. It does seem like after some motion event, it would go non responsive at random

Profits1

n3wb
Reaction score
Enabling decoder compatibility model in BI seems to have solved the no signal issue for me, as well. But now I've ran into a new issue that I was not expecting. Within Blue Iris, the Dahua (EmpireTech) 180 turret is now lagging 1 minute behind my other cameras, and is reporting 13.85 fps. I have the camera set to 25 fps and 12288 kbps (to give it a little headroom). Logging in through the web configurator shows the camera functioning at full frame rate.

BI seems to be really struggling with it right now. It's clearly a Blue Iris issue, not a camera issue. What would be the best way to resolve this issue going forward?