0 second clips

Billywho

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Been lurking and searching for a while. I jumped in huge!!!
20 Dahua cameras. Starlight Z,Z5,Z12.
I was running on an old PC. Everything worked fine. Built a nice new icore5, ssd, 4tb purple for storage. Everything worked fine till the update.
Here's the issue. BI sees the motion, records but creates a 00 second .bvr file. If I double click it all I get is the path to a JPEG. The bvr file exists, I can browse to in on the drive, right click and open with BI. Only 1 of the 9 currently running does this. The others are configured the same way. Shows 00 second bvr in the side panel but no video records. Tried manually hitting record. No go.
I thought I did something along the way so I went scorched Earth. Diskpart, cleaned drives, created partitions, reinstalled windows 10 pro. Installed BI. I manually added each camera again so I wouldn't pull in an old setting. It does the same thing.
I didn't know about the BI update helper until it was too late. I would like to try going back to the old version that worked but I didn't pay attention to the version. Lesson learned.

Anyone have any insight?
Would anyone like to share the last few BI installers so I can go back?

I emailed Ken. Unfortunately that was when I was testing and had things pointed to my c drive that was too small for my storage choices in BI.
I sent him an updated help request, haven't heard back.

Any help appreciated. When I get to a computer I will upload screenshots of my configuration. I could simply be missing something.

Thanks,

Roger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Been lurking and searching for a while. I jumped in huge!!!
20 Dahua cameras. Starlight Z,Z5,Z12.
I was running on an old PC. Everything worked fine. Built a nice new icore5, ssd, 4tb purple for storage. Everything worked fine till the update.
Here's the issue. BI sees the motion, records but creates a 00 second .bvr file. If I double click it all I get is the path to a JPEG. The bvr file exists, I can browse to in on the drive, right click and open with BI. Only 1 of the 9 currently running does this. The others are configured the same way. Shows 00 second bvr in the side panel but no video records. Tried manually hitting record. No go.
I thought I did something along the way so I went scorched Earth. Diskpart, cleaned drives, created partitions, reinstalled windows 10 pro. Installed BI. I manually added each camera again so I wouldn't pull in an old setting. It does the same thing.
I didn't know about the BI update helper until it was too late. I would like to try going back to the old version that worked but I didn't pay attention to the version. Lesson learned.

Anyone have any insight?
Would anyone like to share the last few BI installers so I can go back?

I emailed Ken. Unfortunately that was when I was testing and had things pointed to my c drive that was too small for my storage choices in BI.
I sent him an updated help request, haven't heard back.

Any help appreciated. When I get to a computer I will upload screenshots of my configuration. I could simply be missing something.

Thanks,

Roger
post your clips and archiving settings for EACH folder...post your record settings.

Billywho

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's the requested shots.
Ok, this is clearly a setting. I was changing settings yesterday around 3:40pm on cam133 to see why it was working and the others were not. Now it stopped recording from that time on.
There is a screenshot of the new folder where the files were actually being stored they just show as 00 seconds on the clips pane.

Here's the help data.

Email to: support@blueirissoftware.com

Support data:
Version:
Release 4.6.0.0 x64
Service: Yes
License:
XXXXX Name:
Email:
Support: Basic
Expires: 6/5/2018 2:02:28
Windows 10 Education

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
[44%]
RAM: 1.67G

Clips: 3803 files 29.2G/3.02T
Storage: D: +603.8G

Thank you

Attachments

Billywho

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Deleted , rebuilt, checked drive permissions. Still shows 00 seconds bvr to "new" folder. Drive shows nothing but a jpeg in the alerts folder.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Deleted , rebuilt, checked drive permissions. Still shows 00 seconds bvr to "new" folder. Drive shows nothing but a jpeg in the alerts folder.
alert folder will always have jpegs..there is no alert video, its just a pointer to the video file..if you uncheck high res alert images it wont save anything, the low res images are stored in the database..

Billywho

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Out of frustration I reset one of my Dahua cameras. Guess what? It started working in BI again. I have not idea why. I didn't do a factory default just a setting default. IP and config remained. You can see now in my clips page how long the BVR files are recording. Double click and they open.
I just went through all of them defaulted so I appear to be fully functional again. I wish I knew what was setting was off. I didn't set anything other than IP's. I hadn't got far enough to start customizing.

I hope this helps someone else.....

Thanks,

Roger

Attachments