1 a.m. Guy In A Mask

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
While his face was covered and his car had no front license plate, the rear license plate could be clearly seen. He spent about 14 minutes up on this hillside. Recorded back on May 21, 2019. After this happened, I increased the zoom level on both varifocal cameras pointed at our mailbox.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Not much room for misinterpretation on that guy. Expensive looking car as well.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is he looking in your letter box?
I'm guessing he's looking for mail to confirm you're away so he can burgle your house. If you're home, there's unlikely to be mail in the box by that time of day.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing he's looking for mail to confirm you're away so he can burgle your house. If you're home, there's unlikely to be mail in the box by that time of day.
I didn’t think of that Jesus and the fact his wearing a mask he really is going all out.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Strange! Definatley up to no good! I’m likely going to be picking up a verifocal to point at our mailboxes across the street. Haven’t had any issues (knock on wood!) but it bugs me they are not covered. Heck, we could have had people prowling at night and I wouldn’t have known.

Sidebar: what video editing software are you using to put these together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Strange! Definatley up to no good! I’m likely going to be picking up a verifocal to point at our mailboxes across the street. Haven’t had any issues (knock on wood!) but it bugs me they are not covered. Heck, we could have had people prowling at night and I wouldn’t have known.

Me, me, me <raises hand>.....I would also like to know too what people use to create their videos with camera streams side-by-side or zoomed in windows of cams inside the camera stream.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good video Lulu. Another reason to get a "good" locking mail box. I have not had issues with mail theft, that I know of, but did recently get a locking mailbox. The main reason was when I go on vacation, I do not have to notify mailman to hold mail. It is large enough to hold small packages and mail for weeks. I think locking mailboxes will be seen more and more with all that is going on with mail / ID theft. Good luck with this wierdo. I would like to know what video editor you use also.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good video Lulu. Another reason to get a "good" locking mail box. I have not had issues with mail theft, that I know of, but did recently get a locking mailbox. The main reason was when I go on vacation, I do not have to notify mailman to hold mail. It is large enough to hold small packages and mail for weeks. I think locking mailboxes will be seen more and more with all that is going on with mail / ID theft. Good luck with this wierdo. I would like to know what video editor you use also.

lol....we check our mail maybe every 2 weeks. But then we have the community mailboxes that are locked anyway. Thing is, the only thing that we ever get is junkmail flyers. All of my bills are online and anything "important" is going to come fedex.

All of the neighborhoods in my area use these types - 16 Tenant Door CBU Mailbox - USPS Approved (Includes Pedestal)

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
lol....we check our mail maybe every 2 weeks. But then we have the community mailboxes that are locked anyway. Thing is, the only thing that we ever get is junkmail flyers. All of my bills are online and anything "important" is going to come fedex.

All of the neighborhoods in my area use these types - 16 Tenant Door CBU Mailbox - USPS Approved (Includes Pedestal)
My neighborhood used to have mailboxes that looked just like that, until we found out how easy it was for the bad guys to pry them open using the outgoing mail slot. They can then open both of the doors and easily access everything inside....

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

I used Cyberlink Power Director to edit this video. It makes it easy to place a clip inside another one and resize it.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • 01:08:00: It's a bit after 1 AM and I just got home from the late shift.
  • 01:08:15: I head out to check the mailbox since I've been away all day.
  • 01:08:30: I get to the box about the time some asshat comes from behind my car, approaching me, wearing a mask and his right hand in jacket pocket.
  • 01:09:00: I'm calling 9-1-1, reporting a shooting at the end of my driveway just inside the door to my house.