1 (of 15+) Dahua Cam's no HA in BI?

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 22 total Dahua Camera's, about 15 of which are the IPC-HDBW4231F-AS mini-dome's

No matter what I seem to try, there is ONE of these cam's that doesnt seem like want to use hardware acceleration; when I look at the Blue Iris status page, every camera has an I or I+ listed except for this one camera.

I've of course rebooted the camera several times, I have made sure to check and double check the Camera Setting Video tab and Hardware Code is Intel + VPP, which is exactly what all 21 other camera's show.

Is there something else I am forgetting to check? Any pointers would be appreciated!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are matching the same in mainstream and substream - both H264 or H265. Also make sure smart codec is off.

Try just Intel for that problem camera.

And sometimes, even if all cameras are the same, it could be a different chipset than the others and is having an issue with it.

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback;

Confirmed both cams on H264, Smart Codec off. Also tried just Intel (no VPP) for the decode.

I do see the firmwares are different (the one where HA is NOT working is actually a newer firmware) between this and other camera's. I will need to see if I can downgrade and if that fixes it the issue.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@rajuabju

If it is not truly broke do not fix it. With the use of substreams the lack of HA on one camera is not going to have a great effect on your CPU. You are more than likely going to brick the camera trying to down grade. It just is not worth it.