120-180 degree camera with stitched image.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
welp welp, the guy o UPWORK struck me with $80k ask to create an application and have the license plates from lpr camera appear in overview camera feed on each vehicle.
Custom development work from experienced developers will cost.

Perhaps better to just look for a good VMS solution and good cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And at $80k, the user will move on to something else before you blow threw that $5/month subscription LOL.

Write me the check for $80k and I will set this up and pay that monthly subscription:lmao:

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use this for my LPR record storage which has overlay capability: OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

I actually have the overlays turned off on my overview camera but it does what you want. You have to subscribe to OpenAlpr.com but it only costs $5/month.
Let’s see if I can get this done for now and do a custom thing later on when I am able to increase the budget for this project.

Thank you

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, cause $80k is a little light for an overlay :lmao:
lol not sure if I am getting the overlay thing right, will it show every license plate and vehicle in the overview camera feed or it just puts the info on the side screen?

it's important for me to have all vehicles in the field of view to have the plate umber on top of it while vehicles are in motion.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
lol not sure if I am getting the overlay thing right, will it show every license plate and vehicle in the overview camera feed or it just puts the info on the side screen?

it's important for me to have all vehicles in the field of view to have the plate umber on top of it while vehicles are in motion.
The program I linked will put an overlay onto whatever camera you want. You can put the overlay on the overview camera or on the LPR camera itself.

The downside is there is a couple second delay to get the overlay actually applied. That it because your LPR camera has to first see the plate, then your local OpenALPR instance has to do the recognition on it, then it has to send that recognition information to the OpenALPR cloud, then the OpenALPR cloud has to turn around and send the webhook back to you, and finally the service I linked has to accept the webhook and then send the overlay to the camera you have configured. All that takes a couple seconds. So its very possible the car will have moved out of the FOV of the overview camera before the overlay appears. This is what I found happening and decided to just not use the overlay feature because of it.

If you had another overview camera pointed further "down the road" by a couple seconds than the LPR camera was configured, then the delay wouldn't matter because you could pipe the overview to that camera and you could get the timing perfect.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The OpenALPR agent will watch whatever you point it at. If 1 plate is visible, it will read just one plate. If 10 are clearly visible, it will read 10. So it whatever you choose to point your camera at.

The issue is how overlays are handled. The webhook overlay service can only display one plate at a time for a few seconds before it displays the next plate. So if you read 10 plates at once, that is 10 webhook calls each with a separate plate. That means 10 different overlays but they don't all get displayed at once on the overview target camera. It would display the first overlay for a few seconds, then the second overlay for a few seconds, then the third, etc... You can see on a busy highway with dozen of cars going past the camera every few seconds, you would never catch up.