16 camera residential installation

Reaction score
Current parts list for 16 camera residential installation:

(1) Lorex NR9326 NVR (32 channel for additional channels if desired in the future)
(1) Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS Starlight 2.8mm Lens 2MP IR Mini Dome (PFA139 junction box)
(2) Dahua EIPC-HDW5231R-ZE Starlight Varifocal Domes (PFA130-E junction box)
(1) Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam (2.8MM) (PFA130-E junction box)
(8) Lorex LNB9272 varifocal 4K 8MP 30FPS cameras (PFA121 junction boxes)
(3) Lorex LNB9232 4K 8MP 30FPS cameras (PFA121 or PFA130-E junction boxes)

(2) Vericom CAT 6 U/UTP Solid Riser CMR Cable, 1000 FT Pull Box (MBW6U-01444)
(1) Vericom CAT 6 U/UTP Direct Burial Gel-Filled CMX Cable, 1000 FT Spool (MBW6U-03676)

Will update with pictures as able.

Reaction score
The battery powered Ring tree camera just wasn't doing the trick so a trench was dug. 1/2 inch schedule 40 PVC for in-ground and 1/2 inch schedule 80 for both ends that will be above ground. Running the cable through two 90 degree angles was a pain; if you can plan your route without them I would suggest it. Generic PVC primer and PVC cement used. Total parts cost with some PVC left over was about $40.

The Vericom direct burial CAT6 cable is very thick and two lines will not run side-by-side in 1/2 inch PVC. The primary CAT6 line (and a fishing line) was run inside the PVC and a backup line was laid next to the PVC in the same trench. The Vericom direct burial cable is designed to be run without a PVC conduit and should serve well as a backup line. Ubiquiti ETH-SP Ethernet Surge Protector will be used just to be on the safe side.
PVC burial 1.jpg PVC burial 2.jpg

Attachments

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks good.

Next Time, I would run a 1" conduit instead. It's the minimum size that I use. You can get a lot more wires into it if they want anything future.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice job @greyhavens49420

If the trench is still open - I'd drop another conduit in there.

For those following:

The minimum PVC conduit I try to use is 3/4" ( I do like the idea of using 1" )

Also, definitely run N+1+ cables when doing runs like that.

The 90 degree turns will be challenging for pulls - so remember to limit those bends.

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice job @greyhavens49420

If the trench is still open - I'd drop another conduit in there.

For those following:

The minimum PVC conduit I try to use is 3/4" ( I do like the idea of using 1" )

Also, definitely run N+1+ cables when doing runs like that.

The 90 degree turns will be challenging for pulls - so remember to limit those bends.
I'm an electrician by trade, amd we're only supposed to put 360° worth of bends in the pipe... That doesn't mean we do, but the last run I did had more than that (about 420°)... and it was only a 20' run through 1/2" (we used what we had)... dam near pulled the pipe out of the ground trying to pull it!

We always try to run a spare conduit for future. And the size of a 1" is far larger area than a 3/4" conduit. (More wires).

Usually we go one size down for the spare conduit, but that can cost more to do (couplers,pipe, etc.).

For longer runs always use a larger size of pipe. And try to use a sweeping bend instead of factory (factory bends have a tight radius). Only downside is you have to make them yourself... which is pretty easy once you get used to it.

Oh and soap/lube. This is your friend when doing conduit. I've done pulls through conduit before that would have never happened without soap/lube.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk