1st time installing IP cameras

Reaction score
Greetings all,

First time poster and IP camera user here. My house was prewired for 8 IP cameras and I am finally starting to look into doing the camera installing myself as I was shopping around and getting quoted for 3k+ for installation by "professional" installers.

I recently purchased this system from Costco as it was within my budget and I believe to be a good starter pack for IP cameras
Costco Wholesale

My question is that the prewiring of my cameras outside my house are on brick and located underneath 1-gang wall plate, how would I be able to mount these cameras on top of these wall plates? Underneath the wall plates are these blue switch boxes where the ethernet cables are located. As far as I have researched so far, it seems like I might have to buy an adapter of some sort to be able to mount these cameras on the wall plate, otherwise my solution would be to drill four holes into brick and mount the cameras next to the wall plate, cutting a little indention i the plates to have the wire from the camera to freely pass in/out of the wall plate with no pressure being pushed on the wire when i screw the plates back and then sealing the plates up with silicone. Any help would be appreciated

wallplates.PNG blue switch box.jpg
these are what the wall plates and blue switch boxes look like.

Also another question, I've read that these cameras are not that great for nightvision and was told to look into Daqua starlight cameras instead as they are compatible with the system I bought.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all,

First time poster and IP camera user here. My house was prewired for 8 IP cameras and I am finally starting to look into doing the camera installing myself as I was shopping around and getting quoted for 3k+ for installation by "professional" installers.

I recently purchased this system from Costco as it was within my budget and I believe to be a good starter pack for IP cameras
Costco Wholesale

My question is that the prewiring of my cameras outside my house are on brick and located underneath 1-gang wall plate, how would I be able to mount these cameras on top of these wall plates? Underneath the wall plates are these blue switch boxes where the ethernet cables are located...
Welcome Quang,

We have a few threads discussing that kit, here is the main thread
FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

You will have to customize a plate to hold the cameras onto the 1-gang box.

If you want, you could also put a Dahua PFA121 junction box on top of those 1-gang boxes.

Reaction score
Yeah, but that doesn't look like it would be hard to do. Maybe don't even need all four mounting holes. Just the top two and one larger for the cables.