2 Blue Iris issues that I can't seem to fiqure out

Rhody96

n3wb
Reaction score
Any help would be great

Issue 1: I keep changing BI FPS to 15 (per wiki) and the cameras often default back to 25 or 30 FPS. How do I stop this?

Issue 2: 2 of my cameras are showing a lower resolution than my other cameras (they are all the same). Also, the shape of the image is a box vs. wide (this doesn't change when click on a individual camera to view one stream).

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any help would be great

Issue 1: I keep changing BI FPS to 15 (per wiki) and the cameras often default back to 25 or 30 FPS. How do I stop this?

Issue 2: 2 of my cameras are showing a lower resolution than my other cameras (they are all the same). Also, the shape of the image is a box vs. wide (this doesn't change when click on a individual camera to view one stream).

Thank you!
You must change the fps in the camera itself, you are misunderstanding the wiki.
The resolution is set in the camera. Ensure all camera no. in blue iris are set to 1.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Issue 1: Blue Iris cannot change the FPS that your cameras transmit to Blue Iris. You need to log into each individual camera and then change the FPS which each camera is generating (sending to Blue Iris).

Issue 2: I believe this is a resolution issue; some of your cameras may be generating 1920x1080 resolution while other cameras may be generating 2592x1944 resolution.