2 Computers with the same settings/ Configurations

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought two BI licences for 2 computers.
One is the master/recorder. How do I transfer all the settings? Instead of doing manually
One of the folders contains all the settings?

Regards

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the options there is an Export settings button and an Import v4.reg button. Use those to export and import.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both computers have the same settings. One of them has the RED traffic light always. Also I stablish to start/open BI with the RED light

The PTZ camera has a lot of erratic movements until I close the app at the computer with the RED light. What I am doing wrong ?

This happened when I copied the settings.

Regards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Both computers have the same settings. One of them has the RED traffic light always. Also I stablish to start/open BI with the RED light

The PTZ camera has a lot of erratic movements until I close the app at the computer with the RED light. What I am doing wrong ?

This happened when I copied the settings.

Regards
check the ptz settings on the computer causing the issues..why are you running two instances of blue iris?

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The computer that has the GREEN signal is the one that record and control the camera. The second one with RED light is my work computer that sometimes I use it to monitor what the main computer is recording. Is only watching.

Could it be a better way since both computers are not in the same place?

Regards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The computer that has the GREEN signal is the one that record and control the camera. The second one with RED light is my work computer that sometimes I use it to monitor what the main computer is recording. Is only watching.

Could it be a better way since both computers are not in the same place?

Regards
Yes the better way is to use the blue iris built in webserver. You can monitor your cameras from any pc. You dont need two licenses and the overhead of running blue iris on the second pc.