2 hikvison nvrs

Reaction score
can I use another nvr to view cameras that are connected to nvr in garage? in my bed room Hikvison 7716 ? And setup the cameras to view different arrangement on bed room tv ?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes long as cameras are not using built in Poe from NVR

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes long as cameras are not using built in Poe from NVR
It can also be done with cameras that are connected to NVR PoE ports, if the NVR has the 'Virtual Host' facility, and if a 'static route' is added to the LAN gateway. Multiple how-to posts on the topic.
I have a 7816N-E2/8P as a primary NVR with a 7816N-E2 and a QNAP NAS both accessing the cameras that are on the NVR PoE ports.
For continuous recording, you can also access the RTSP streams provided by the NVR.

Summary of the needed settings:
f you're inclined to experiment - you can access PoE-connected cameras directly on a Hikvision NVR.
3 things required :

Enable 'Virtual Host' - the tick box under web GUI Network | Advanced Settings | Other. This implicitly activates the Linux kernel 'IP_forward' (not to be confused with port forwarding) facility to route traffic between the NVR PoE and LAN interfaces.

Ensure that the default gateway setting on the PoE-connected cameras is the NVR PoE interface IP address, usually 192.168.254.1
For this - best to have the NVR PoE channel set as 'Manual' instead of 'Plug&Play' to avoid the NVR setting the gateway back to the LAN gateway address.

Create a 'static route' on your LAN gateway/router to inform LAN devices how to reach the NVR PoE network segment.
Something like 'For network 192.168.254.0, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, use <NVR_LAN_interface_IP_address> as the gateway'.

Then the PoE-connected cameras can be accessed from the LAN via their native (192.168.254.x) IP address.
To confirm connectivity, ping the address or use 'tracert 192.168.254.x' to check the route."