2 License of BI Use 1 in View only mode?

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question about the capabilities of Blue Iris 4.

-I have 1 primary computer used for all camera motion sensor recording. BI License #1 is installed here.

-I don't prefer using BI web interface.

-I have a second daily use computer in which I installed another license of BI 4. I have setup all cameras in view only mode (no recording) to disk.

I now want to use the 2nd install through to view all recorded clips from the first copy of BI on the primary computer. I have linked the auxillary directories to the computer # shared path, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question about the capabilities of Blue Iris 4.

-I have 1 primary computer used for all camera motion sensor recording. BI License #1 is installed here.

-I don't prefer using BI web interface.

-I have a second daily use computer in which I installed another license of BI 4. I have setup all cameras in view only mode (no recording) to disk.

I now want to use the 2nd install through to view all recorded clips from the first copy of BI on the primary computer. I have linked the auxillary directories to the computer # shared path, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?
We all want that, I would gladly pay another $60.00 for a client to use as a display wall or at my workstation...

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
@technicaldisruption, I have BI4 on my pc used as nvr and I have older an BI3 copy on my wife's pc that she can use to view clips when she wants. I was using this before I upgraded to BI4. On her pc it's not set up to record, trigger, or schedule. I set the paths in this BI3 to the folders in my BI4/nvr pc and it works fine. She only opens BI3 to look at clips when she wants. If you delete clips from that pc it causes a bit of a mess in the clips previews on the main BI4 pc so just occasional viewing is all it is used for. It was also discussed here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6521-Run-main-Blue-Iris-application-on-TWO-computers-same-content

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: