2 Question about DS-7608NI-E2/8P (HDMI quality and Microphone)

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

my firmware is the latest 3.3.4 build 150616.

I have noticed that the image from the cameras (4 exir DS-2CD2232-I5 - 1080p) through the HDMI port from the NVR are worse then the Image from the Web Interface of NVR or web Interface of the camera... do you know why? any ideas?

And a second question; I have succesfully installed a microphone on the Audio In of NVR.
I can ear audio remotely; but I can also register the audio linked to a channel for example?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
through the HDMI port from the NVR are worse then the Image from the Web Interface of NVR or web Interface of the camera... do you know why? any ideas?
What's the resolution of the monitor connected to the HDMI port vs the resolution of the monitor connected to the computer used to access the web GUI?
And is the HDMI output configured for best resolution?

Attachments

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for your reply!

I'm using the same monitor (Samsung T240HD full hd).
In HDMI1 is plugged the NVR and in HDMI2 the PC.

I have also checked the monitor settings and are the same both for HDM1&2.

In the NVR menu I have already setup 1080p Menu output...

But I think it's not a problem related to resolution, but to color depth (minor), brightness (more) and sharpness (more) compared to web gui.

I have also noticed that the quality from IVMS-4500 it's the same from Web Interface of NVR or Cam; only the HDMI video is worse...
And also the PLAYBACK from WEB/IVMS it's the same good quality, and the playback through HDMI is worse!

Today I haven't with me any USB pen drive to test an export video... will try next 2 weeks when I will come again in this house...

Oh forgotten to say; the NVR it's connected through a 15M Cable (it's german made, hoping in good quality) vs 1M cable of the PC...

Possible losing quality for the long cable? Any other Ideas?

And for the question about microphone? Any way to register audio for a channel in playback?

Thanks

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cable isn't the issue. It's a digital signal so either it works or it doesn't. I have the same problem and I think the quality has more to do with the NVR and HikVision using low end video components.

Sorry, I can't answer the audio question as I never used that feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Cable isn't the issue. It's a digital signal so either it works or it doesn't. I have the same problem and I think the quality has more to do with the NVR and HikVision using low end video components.

Sorry, I can't answer the audio question as I never used that feature.
Thanks for the reply, nice to hear..

And can you tell me if the quality from exported video is the same from Web Interface or the worse HDMI?

If it's good like the Web Gui it will be only a relative problem!

Waiting for other using the microphone...

Thanks again

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You don't export via HDMI. You either use IVMS 4200, Web Interface, or NVR itself to USB stick. If you view the playback locally on the NVR via HDMI it's going to be the same quality as live view.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem and I think the quality has more to do with the NVR and HikVision using low end video components.
I think that's the true. Hikvision's HDMI output has issues with some monitor types. Just try different resolutions and monitor settings to find what suits the best for you.

Regarding the audio. The Microphone input/output on this NVR can be used only for two way audio function. You cannot assign this audio to any of the channels or either record it.

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

So my questions are solved!

Now I'm hoping for a new firmware to patch the bug relative to no VCA image stored on intrusion/line detection in my case; and no image sent via email
I have read that's a bug of 3.3.4 firmware...

Thanks again

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I know why the HDMI video is so bad. It's using the substream. Found this out when one of my cameras dropped mainstream and had to do a hard reset to fix it. I have not found a setting on the NVR to toggle it to mainstream.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my Dahua NVR, if you are on 1 camera full screen, it is mainstream. If you have it split with only 4 cameras on the screen it is mainstream. But, if you have 6/8/12/16 cameras on screen they all are substream.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my Dahua NVR, if you are on 1 camera full screen, it is mainstream. If you have it split with only 4 cameras on the screen it is mainstream. But, if you have 6/8/12/16 cameras on screen they all are substream.
Im doing a 4 cam split and its substream. Will try 1 cam full tomorrow and see what i get.

Hikv

n3wb
Reaction score
Im doing a 4 cam split and its substream. Will try 1 cam full tomorrow and see what i get.
In my case when I split monitor for example in 4 cameras it will use substream... You can notice it from the info button.. It will report a really little kbps usage!
But when I go full screen on one camera there is a huge improve in kbps and also the image is more pixelled (more resolution for mainstream).

The problem is relative to something like color depht, brightness, contrast.. or non perfect compatibility with some monitor...

As suggested in previous post it's more probably related to bad hardware hdmi component (or non software optimized)...

But there's any way or webpage to report bug directly to hikvision?

Thanks