2 Way audio BI app

huzer1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have been unsuccessful in getting 2 way audio to work with my Cameras.
They are FDT FD8901b
I'm attaching the configurations I have in BI.
Selecting the Cameras in the BI drop down doesn't work, they aren't able to connect when the actual model is selected which is why they are currently under Generic/RTSP. (This is also what comes up automatically when I do a Find/Inspect on the IP.)

Lastly, the cameras are on a separate VLAN that is completely locked down to everything outside the VLAN. the BI server has an interface on that VLAN, but if the phone app tries to go directly I'm not seeing the traffic, and it's not getting there.

Thanks in advance for your timess_audio_settings.PNGss_network_settings.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been unsuccessful in getting 2 way audio to work with my Cameras.
They are FDT FD8901b
I'm attaching the configurations I have in BI.
Selecting the Cameras in the BI drop down doesn't work, they aren't able to connect when the actual model is selected which is why they are currently under Generic/RTSP. (This is also what comes up automatically when I do a Find/Inspect on the IP.)

Lastly, the cameras are on a separate VLAN that is completely locked down to everything outside the VLAN. the BI server has an interface on that VLAN, but if the phone app tries to go directly I'm not seeing the traffic, and it's not getting there.

Thanks in advance for your timeView attachment 34095View attachment 34096
You will need to experiment with various fdt and foscam cameras in the dropdown..it will not work with find inspect...
if it doesnt work you will need to email support and provide access to the camera. In the future avoid foscam.

Last edited:

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to forward the ONVIF and RTSP as well in my router. Since then I have two way audio on my Foscam's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to forward the ONVIF and RTSP as well in my router. Since then I have two way audio on my Foscam's.
terrible idea port forwarding these insecure cams, you will be hacked. also you image above points to a local ip address, so there should be no reason to port forward.

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't forwarded it to the camera but to the bi server.

huzer1

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've tried all the options BI offers to both FDT and FOSCAM. I sent the email to support before I opened the thread, it's gone a week and some change, unanswered.

As far as the network goes, the BI server has an interace on the same network the cameras are on. My phone has to be VPN'd in to connect to BI as I don't want this public facing. So essentially there's nothing to forward as the traffic doesn't technically cross a firewall. (Built-in firewall on the server is disabled)

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had problems with the speaking part of the two way communication. I did hear the sound but couldn't speak. I don't have a VPN setup. This because it makes my phone very slow. I have an VPN (raspberry pi with openVPN). But my office doens't allow to make a VPN connection to my home so I could see my camera's from my office. I also use a widget to quickly see the front driveway in case someone rings my doorbell. If I have to setup a vpn first and then look at the door the visitor is already gone. What I did is use a strange portnumber als webserver port. I forwarded this port to my BI server pc. There is nog forwarding to seperate camera's. I also setup my security to block al outgoing data to internet from each camera.

But back to forwarding. What I did try was to formward the ovif and rrtsp ports to the BI server. Know talking works. Maybe it was a coincidance. So I will try to disable this forwrading to check if this was really the solution to my problem. I will get back to you.

Last edited:

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oke, how it was possible I don't know. But speaking was not possible. But I cancelled forwarding. Only forward is to my BI server. But it still works. I have two way audio on my foscams

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oke, how it was possible I don't know. But speaking was not possible. But I cancelled forwarding. Only forward is to my BI server. But it still works. I have two way audio on my foscams
its was unrelated.