2 way talk through PC Audio?

Reaction score
I decided to buy a cheapo USB audio adapter and use it for 2-way audio on my front door.

The Microphone works great with the attached settings however the speaker sadly is not working.

The speaker works great with windows, blasting SNL youtube clips out into the neighborhood, however blueiris will not output "push to talk" with the iPhone app.

I'm using BlueIris 4 and would actually upgrade to 5 if it'd mean this would work.

Question is: can I get push to talk working with a PC audio card?

Thanks again to this amazing community!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I decided to buy a cheapo USB audio adapter and use it for 2-way audio on my front door.

The Microphone works great with the attached settings however the speaker sadly is not working.

The speaker works great with windows, blasting SNL youtube clips out into the neighborhood, however blueiris will not output "push to talk" with the iPhone app.

I'm using BlueIris 4 and would actually upgrade to 5 if it'd mean this would work.

Question is: can I get push to talk working with a PC audio card?

Thanks again to this amazing community!
you have to enable audio capture in blue iris options >audio

Reaction score
That gave me a clue, but I found my answer in the manual (wonders never cease).

I had to turn off my camera's audio so that it would pipe in and out of the PC speaker.

Also, though I wanted the PC's default audio output to be different, apparently Blue iris uses Win10's default "speakers" to broadcast audio. Changing the default output in blue iris had no effect.

Luckily we don't use that PC for anything other than a server. The neighbors will hear my windows startup chime occasionally though :X