2032 language mismatch after upgrade to 5.3.0

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tries to upgrade to 5.3.0 on my 2032 Chinese camera from 5.2.0 and now the camera screen just says 'check port/user/password'
downloaded the firmware from the hikvision Europe site and it seemed to go fine and then said 'rebooting'
after some googling I'm guessing this is because it's a Chinese camera ?
i can see the camera details in sadp, but how to I get it operational again ?
thanks.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi, thanks for that, id started reading that thread while I was waiting for a reply :)
I have downloaded the files but am unsure how to change my ip address to the one specified (widows 8)
also my pc doesn't have wifi and is connected by wire to my wireless router (as are my cameras) does this affect the procedure?
thanks.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
following the instructions in the bundled files but the tftp server is just saying 'initialised'
unplugged camera and plugged back in again.
camera is plugged into poe switch,switch is plugged into router and then pc also plugged into router ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
camera is plugged into poe switch,switch is plugged into router and then pc also plugged into router ?
Yes, that's fine. No WiFi still active on the PC?

What IP address does the tftp server say at 'initialised'?
Is the digicap.dav file in the same folder as the tftpserve.exe file?
When tftpserve.exe was first started, did you agree to Windows firewall changes to allow it access? (quite common cause of no response at tftp server)

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no,pc doesn't have wifi, its connected to wireless router via cable.
the ip address in tftp server says 192.0.0.128 and I turned firewall off.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in sadp the camera is showing ipgateway 192.168.0.1 and ip address 192.168.0.185, does this matter ?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried a different way, took a laptop up into the loft where my Poe switch is and plugged laptop direct into switch and ran the tftp server again, success this time.
need to watch the how to on changing language back to English now but at least the camera is back up online.
thanks all concerned :)

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, have cleared my browser history but I'm only getting the Chinese language, no other option in drop down box.
had a look at the mtd post but what tools do I need to perform this hack. Looks a bit complicated so bit more reading and understanding needed.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use google translate when you log into your cameras. The picture will still be in Multi-language.