2132-I turret camera gone off line

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that failed was the ping reply test, is this anything to worry about or not?
That's a good thing.
You can be reassured by this external test that there is no inbound access, on the ports tested.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
ShieldsUp's default scan is OK for checking standard ports but it skips a lot and can give a false sense of security. e.g. It typically will not report VPN running on port 1194 even though it's obviously open and lots of other odd ports that cams may open via UPnP. If you want to do a thorough test then you should download Nmap or one of the similar port scanners and run it yourself. There are some other web-based scanners that do a better job (e.g., TCP Port Scan with Nmap :: Online Penetration Testing Tools | Ethical Hacking Tools) if you know what you want to check but most all will be limited in various ways and take forever so may time out or fail before done when trying a large range. Running local you can just let it run in the background for however long it takes.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my cams has done this again after over a month of being fine, gone back to default settings.
I can see the cam in the sadp tool but it won’t let me save the new parameters when I change them back to suit my network, just brings up a ‘failed to save parameters’ message
Any thoughts?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, I managed to change it back using the batch configuration tool.
My cameras are not directly accessible from the internet, they are viewed via blue iris so not sure what happened. Password is not the default one either.