2332 Image all messed up

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got a 2332 from AliExpress. I set it up in a temporary location while I decide exactly where to mount it. I am glad I didn't mount it straight away. I am having issues with the video.

1. It has this strange red tint.
2. It has the white dashes.

I just did a Restore. The white dashes went away but the red tint is still there.

Any ideas what would cause either of these issues? Let me know if I can provide any info.
Thanks,
John

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably defective hardware. Not much you can do about it with a 2332 that I'm aware of so you should contact the seller and see what your options are.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What is the best way to get a response with AliExpress? I haven't confirmed receipt yet. Do I want to message the seller or open a dispute?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What is the best way to get a response with AliExpress? I haven't confirmed receipt yet. Do I want to message the seller or open a dispute?
Send them a email with photos first. Then if you get no response or a unacceptable response then lodge a dispute.

If you have to send it back it will cost more than its worth.

If all else fails I would try re flashing the firmware, but there are risks with doing this as well.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I would message them first and only open a dispute if you don't get an acceptable response within 24 hours. Just be sure if you have to open a dispute that you do it before the aliexpress deadline or else they can easily get away with it.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update.
Julia with CCTV China responded to my message within an hour. She connected in via teamviewer to look at the camera. She restored the camera and said it has an IR problem. It was in a room with the lights on. The red hue doesn't happen in night mode.
She offered:
  1. Send it back for repair. (I said that was going to be too expensive. Thanks NZ!!)
  2. $60 credit. I said I wasn't entirely comfortable with that as it could go out tomorrow. Thoughts?
  3. $30 credit and I send it in for repair.
  4. I told her I wanted to buy a 2532 (front door) from them and asked about a combo deal. We agreed to message about it on AliExpress.

I am glad I have some options and some time to go over them. I would be thrilled with any input on this!
Thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update.
Julia with CCTV China responded to my message within an hour. She connected in via teamviewer to look at the camera. She restored the camera and said it has an IR problem. It was in a room with the lights on. The red hue doesn't happen in night mode.
She offered:
  1. Send it back for repair. (I said that was going to be too expensive. Thanks NZ!!)
  2. $60 credit. I said I wasn't entirely comfortable with that as it could go out tomorrow. Thoughts?
  3. $30 credit and I send it in for repair.
  4. I told her I wanted to buy a 2532 (front door) from them and asked about a combo deal. We agreed to message about it on AliExpress.

I am glad I have some options and some time to go over them. I would be thrilled with any input on this!
Thanks,
John
Shameless bump :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the camera working now? If so take the credit.. The risk is only about 30 dollars.. If you chose to send it back, insist on a new one otherwise it's unlikely that they will perform any repairs on it...

Sent via Taptalk

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works, with the red tint during the day. Is that something that will be consistent or do you think that is a defect that will get worse? I think I can live with what it looks like now, but if it gets much worse it is going in a box with my old foscam.

I have only seen those white lines once. Maybe she will offer a credit greater than $60 with my combo proposition on the 2532...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the red tint is there i would not keep it... That is not normal.. You should not have to look at that nasty image...

Sent via Taptalk

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the red tint is there i would not keep it... That is not normal.. You should not have to look at that nasty image...

Sent via Taptalk
Looking at it again, I think you are right. I will see if I can get Julia to cross ship a new one.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Julia isn't playing nice (enough for me). Will I get anything better if I open a dispute?

Julia li 2015-06-29 13:09:52
hi,
sorry ,please return caemra back ,will return full money back,thx

John Berry 2015-06-29 12:57:21
I don't want a $33.42 non working camera. Can we split it at $16.71 so a credit of $76.71?

Julia li 2015-06-29 12:30:04
hi,
please place order frist,don't pay ,will adjust price,give you diacount $60,thx

John Berry 2015-06-29 12:14:59
Hi Julia,
After looking at this image again today, I don't want to keep this camera.
1. Can you send me a prepaid label to return it? And send a new camera? (shipping both ways plus any possible repair would take too long).
2. Can you send a replacement?
Keep in mind that I do want to buy a 2532 from you once I get a little time to learn more about cameras such as Field of View.
Thanks!
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Shes not willing to give you a refund even though she knows the camera is defective....Open a dispute with aliexpress AND contact your credit card company..they may simply give you the credit...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shes not willing to give you a refund even though she knows the camera is defective....Open a dispute with aliexpress AND contact your credit card company..they may simply give you the credit...
Well, she technically is willing to give me the credit. I just have to pay to send it back to China. Which is cost prohibitive. Too bad us taxpayers don't supplement shipping costs in that direction too.

I will start with the Dispute.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, she technically is willing to give me the credit. I just have to pay to send it back to China. Which is cost prohibitive. Too bad us taxpayers don't supplement shipping costs in that direction too.

I will start with the Dispute.
Lol, yeah, you should not have to return a defective product...she should give you a 30 dollar credit and let you return the camera so you can offset the return shipping...such is the risk with china cams..its rare to have this issue, but it happens..

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm i always thought the tint is from IR cutter being stuck during day mode, one time i fixed it by forcing it go into day then night mode (do this a couple times) under Image and it unstuck it...maybe give that a try.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tough one. One one hand, we take the risk by buying Chinese cameras for a dirt cheap price, but know we're SOL when they crap out. We can pay double, and buy from a US vendor and have three year warranty. I'd have her send you a second one and apply the $60 credit to it. That way, you have two cameras!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Tough one. One one hand, we take the risk by buying Chinese cameras for a dirt cheap price, but know we're SOL when they crap out. We can pay double, and buy from a US vendor and have three year warranty. I'd have her send you a second one and apply the $60 credit to it. That way, you have two cameras!
This scenario is exactly why I went with milkisbad and ordered from him.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm i always thought the tint is from IR cutter being stuck during day mode, one time i fixed it by forcing it go into day then night mode (do this a couple times) under Image and it unstuck it...maybe give that a try.
Night mode doesn't seem to do anything. I set it to Scheduled Switch with 0600/1800. It should have gone to black and white, right?

I slid Hue down from 50 to 20 and it seems to have brought the color back pretty well. Not sure how it will adjust to varying light levels but it looks good atm.

Edit: I take that back, changing Hue just made it look way less bad. It is still a bad image.