2332 Image all messed up

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Manually switch it back and forth (from
day to night then night to day again) suppose to unstuck the IR cutter.

During the day the filter should be in front of the camera which filters out IR light. At night the filter moves out of the way to see IR light (which is why you should hear a click) So if your night vision is normal but not daytime, the filter is stuck in the off position.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen this on two camera's before, both were fix with ajusting the video balance then rebooting, also look at changing the firmware, it possible that it has failed a reset wounld not fix a bad firmware.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Manually switch it back and forth (from
day to night then night to day again) suppose to unstuck the IR cutter.

During the day the filter should be in front of the camera which filters out IR light. At night the filter moves out of the way to see IR light (which is why you should hear a click) So if your night vision is normal but not daytime, the filter is stuck in the off position.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I would definitely try this first....To manually switch back and forth between day and night mode, go to Advanced Configuration----Image----Day/Night switch----

That will give you the options "day", "night", "auto", "schedule"....Switch it several times between "day" and "night".

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a different firmware use my 5.3.0 downgrade firmware, this could be an easy fix, and then you would $ in credit, but if you don't try you won't know simple.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Toggling between day and night isn't working, now that I found the place you guys were referring to. It does kick on IR and switch to B/W, but then Day switches back to the red tint (with any adjustments I have made to video). I have tried adjusting the video settings a little bit and rebooting. This doesn't seem to set any change into place. I will have to see what Julia does with my dispute before I mess with any firmware.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uh!

Awaiting the seller's dispute approval Reminder: You have already opened a dispute.
If the seller does not respond by 1 calendar days 21 hour 32 minute 10 second , the dispute will be closed in your proposal.
You can continue negotiating a solution with the seller until the deadline arrives.

I think I am being punished for not agreeing to her suggestion at $60 and holding for just $76. Does the language above mean that they read through my writeup and give me what I suggested if she doesn't reply at all?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Order a new one, send back the old one, make her provide reimbursement for the cost of the return shipping and be done with it? Just my two cents worth.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Uh!

Awaiting the seller's dispute approval Reminder: You have already opened a dispute.
If the seller does not respond by 1 calendar days 21 hour 32 minute 10 second , the dispute will be closed in your proposal.
You can continue negotiating a solution with the seller until the deadline arrives.

I think I am being punished for not agreeing to her suggestion at $60 and holding for just $76. Does the language above mean that they read through my writeup and give me what I suggested if she doesn't reply at all?
Yeah, you'll get what you asked for if she doesn't respond. When opening the dispute, you made a proposal of what would make you happy. She has a certain amount of time to agree to that proposal or to deny it and make a proposal of her own. If she doesn't respond within the given amount of time, then the dispute will automatically close in favor of the solution that you proposed.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, the dispute was answered in ~4.5 days. The dispute allows the seller to reply within 5 days. The seller answered me within an hour before I initiated a dispute. I asked for the similar terms again (added postage paid label with full refund) and left this at the bottom of my note.
  • Replies: 27
  • Views: 563

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's the problem with ordering from Aliexpress, it's cheaper but when things go wrong... or you get a big customs bill!

I ordered a Dahua camera and got 3.6mm instead of 8mm. They then said, sorry forgive us we didn't have any 8mm. Great! Still got it if someone wants it :)

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aliexpress offered 2 options. 75% refund or return item for full refund (and cautioned against the costs of doing so).

Julia entered "hi,i accept customer to rerturn camera back ,thx".

I entered " I accept option 1. Replies: 29 Views: 714".

I hope Aliexpress will force the 75% (.75x$84 is $63, I paid $93 with shipping. I forfeit $30).

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Curious how this turned out...
Julia is an absolute shit head in my book when it comes to defective products.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks!
Yeah, at the first sign of trouble the best bet is probably to contact the credit card company.