24 hour time

pdbuzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I've searched for this item to no avail: how do you change the time on Blue Iris to read in a 24-hour format (ie, 17:34) ?

Here is what I get when first adding a new camera. This is not produced by the camera software, since I have all overlays turned off on them. I want to manage all overlays from Blue Iris, so they're a consistent font and format.

cam2_091114.jpg

Here is what happens when I select the overlay option in 'Camera Properties'.

cam2_091114_2.jpg

That tells me that the overlay option that first shows up when adding a camera is not controlled by the 'Text and Overlay' option in 'Camera Properties'. Am I doing something wrong? I'm a pretty sharp guy when it comes to software but I'm not finding anything on this in the Help guide or throughout the settings.

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The time and date is in fact controlled by the text overlay in camera properties. Open overlay> click on the date and time, you will see a box form around it > right click on it> now clear the old date and time> now select the new date format then the new time format....

pdbuzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah good! Very clever! Thank you! I didn't even try that, thinking that it wasn't even 'editable' since it just showed up.

Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Aris

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem but i cant edit the old one. There is no form around it.
Ιs embedded in the photo

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem but i cant edit the old one. There is no form around it.
Ιs embedded in the photo
its not a problem. Use the cameras overlay. The blue iris overlay wont be recorded when using direct to disk which you should be using. Remove the BLUE IRIS overlay.

Aris

n3wb
Reaction score
if i remove the overlay i will not see the time.
I want to see the time on dd/mm/yy

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The time and date is in fact controlled by the text overlay in camera properties. Open overlay> click on the date and time, you will see a box form around it > right click on it> now clear the old date and time> now select the new date format then the new time format....

is this still accurate? I am trying to change from 24 hour time to 12 hour time. I follow your instructions but when I log into my camera from the browser and go to overlay, nothing happens when im right clicking on the date part inside the yellow box. I have tried this in the time tile and text overlay sub menu. been playing around in these windows but cant find anyway to set the time/date format

Attachments

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Solved - You have to go into Settings --->System --> General --> Date/time and change format in there