24 Port Switch

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This should be a nice simple one.

I need a 24 port switch.

No cctv, no poe, just for a private network to hard wire ethernet throughout a modern flat.

Is there a reliable plug n play item without any bloatware that anyone could recommend please?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This should be a nice simple one.

I need a 24 port switch.

No cctv, no poe, just for a private network to hard wire ethernet throughout a modern flat.

Is there a reliable plug n play item without any bloatware that anyone could recommend please?
Just a 24 port switch? No manageability needed? (ok if you don't, I'm just asking to make sure)

If so, I like Dlink, Netgear, and even TPLink. Those are cheaper general switches. If you only need 10/100 you can get crazy cheap now.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Used small business switches are usually plentiful and inexpensive on ebay. Look at the models specs first to see that you don't get an older power hog. I use a 28 port cisco switch. It's managed and has poe, both of which can be ignored if desired.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HP procurve has some nice switches also you can find used on ebay..

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to go for new and no manage ability required. I'll look into what's available on amazon. D-link and netgear will be the cheap starting point by sounds of it.