2532 glitchy playback during motion events

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys

My front door cam, Hik 2532-is with a 2.8mm lens, seems to occasionally glitch when the motion/intrusion detection is triggered. My 2332 cams (same f/w and same res/fps/bit rate/etc.) don't experience this. It does not seem to happen everytime. Below are three videos I pulled where it happens. The first two are obvious and the 3rd clip is more subtle. Yes I know the cam is too high.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi ADCS

Did you know that the cam is mounted a bit high ? :D

I'd hazard a guess that the network connection is being dropped, lol

So step 1. Swap the cam with one of your others as a test of the cable & connections on the way to your nvr

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is ghosting due to dropped frames. What are you recording with? First thing to do is match the cameras I-frame to the FPS see if that helps.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not convinced it is the network since it only happens when the intrusion detection is tripped. The cam is continually recording so it shouldn't be from initiating the recording either. It could be the iFrame but the other cams don't experience this with the same settings. I believe they are all 3MP@20 fps and iFrame is 10. Noise correction is off, wdr is off during the day and gain is around 70%.

That cam and my others are recording to a Hik 7608 NVR with a WD purple drive. The network cables are all run indoors and are Cat6 (UTP).

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will try that. I am leaning more to a camera issue. This cam also has a faulty mic.

If there is motion in the frame but outside of the intrusion detection zone it plays back without any issues.

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice looking video. You could try recording to SD to see if the problem persists.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will try that. I am leaning more to a camera issue. This cam also has a faulty mic.

If there is motion in the frame but outside of the intrusion detection zone it plays back without any issues.
One other thing to try and an offshoot of @dmillers comment, if you are in fact recording to SD, try disabling the SD card recording..I have a dahua mini dome that has similar issues when recording to blue iris...the issue disappears when sd card recording is disabled...I was ultimately have to resolve the issue using one of the other h.264 formats that dahua allows..i think h.264b vs h.264h but hikvision does not have those options...

Last edited by a moderator: