2cd2042WD-I Upgraded and now Login works, pauses and goes back to login

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and this is my first post so forgive me if I am doing things wrong.
I have two 2CD2042WD-I cameras. I just updated one to V5.5.82 190220 firmware. Now when I try to log in from IE 11, after entering the user and pw, the screen goes more or less blank and after several seconds it goes back to the login screen. I can still get a snapshot, and RTSP works so it appears that the camera is working inside, but I can't get to the settings screen. *** Just now when I was writing this post, I tried again and it logged in and went directly to one of the settings pages. It seemed to work. I then clicked one of the menu items for the OSD and it is supposed to show a picture and then it paused and went back to the login screen. I'm thinking it has something to do with the plugin as I sometimes see a yellow box at the bottom of the browser window flash for a split second.) I would appreciate any help so I can get this camera working again. The SADP program shows it too, if that helps. I am using Win 10.
The other camera is still running V5.4.3 160902 and works as expected.
Tom

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you set the cam back to factory defaults after firmware update.
Then set it back up from scratch.
or
Uninstall the current plugin, and it may download a new version from the cam.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried again and it logged in and went directly to one of the settings pages. It seemed to work. I then clicked one of the menu items for the OSD and it is supposed to show a picture and then it paused and went back to the login screen. I'm thinking it has something to do with the plugin as I sometimes see a yellow box at the bottom of the browser window flash for a split second.)
Something else to try is clearing the browser cache for the camera IP address.
Sometimes depending on how much of a jump in firmware has occurred, previously cached pages can seriously mess up the web GUI if the structure has changed.
Though generally those effects are repeatable as opposed to varying.

Did the camera ask to install the new LocalServiceControl.exe if you tried a browser other than IE11 ?

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!
When I try to use Firefox it says browser no supported use IE. When I use IE it asks for user and password, then the window goes white, then becomes a dark grey rectangle, then a few seconds later it goes back to the Hikvision login screen.

I powered the camera down (PoE, disconnected the cable) then plugged in the cable and then pressed the button on the back of the camera for about 20 seconds. The camera then went back to .64 and I used IE to access it (192.168.1.64) and it asked me for a password which I entered etc. I used SADP to change the IP to .144 which is what I wanted.

As suggested I tried to uninstall the plugin. Not sure how to actually do that. I saw a place I could disable, but not uninstall. I did use the control panel app to uninstall anything that seemed remotely like that though. Then I tried to login again and this time the browser asked if it could access the windows media player. I clicked the Allow button, and then a few seconds later the window went dark gray like before and then went back to the login screen like before.

I don't know about the LocalServiceControl.exe I don't think it asked for that. What is it?

I really appreciate the help. I hope to get my other 2CD2042 updated and working too. But for now I need to figure out what is wrong so I don't screw it up too...

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - This is the "dark gray" window I was referring to. I hadn't noticed it had the menu up at the top. I also tried clicking on the "Configuration" menu item at the top before it went away but it didn't do anything different. Thought it might be helpful.

hikimage.png

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
I used wireshark to capture the traffic while loging in. A lot of HTML was exchanged. I was hoping the camera would report an error, but I don't know enough to determine if an error was reported.
Any other ideas to try?

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I got it working. I ran IE11 in compatibility mode and as administrator. So far I can get to the config. I don't see live video though.

Tom1951

n3wb
Reaction score
I also found out the URL for the snapshot changed with the new firmware. Earlier it was /Streaming/channels/1/picture , now it is /ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture