2CD2352 usage of SMB/CIFS virtual drive under win7

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera 2CD2352 European with firmware V5.3.8 build 151224.
I have created a Microsoft virtual drive of 3GB under a Windows 7 machine. In this virtual drive I have created a directory HIK2352 and shared with every one with full control rights. In the camera NetHDD tab I created and connected successfully to the virtual drive and share. In the HDD management tab this device shows as "Uninitialized". However when I try to format this specific drive I get a "Device error" message.
I have seen others having the same error but I can not find a solution.
Any help is appreciated

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Alastair again. Yes I mean 3GB. I only need it for testing and recording only a few minutes. Besides that is the only space I have left on a small hdd.
On a sidenote. In the live windows I can record video and pics manually in a windows 7 machine. The files are stored in the virtualized directory
c:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\User1\Web\
However a similar virtualized directory does not exist in a win10 PC and when I try to record manually from the same camera I get the message "Fail to create file" although the directory does exist according the directory settings in the Configuration>Local tab.

Any ideas?